Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 10:49 PM

90 posts, read 328,237 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can find out aboutt things to do in Atlanta for a 12 year old who really doesn't like sports? We're looking for activities he can do on a regular basis (besides sitting in front of the TV playing video games) that would expand his horizon. Looking for things that may entice his interest - like go-carting, volunteering, something with pets, etc. Any ideas?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:33 AM

54 posts, read 168,462 times
You could contact your local animal shelters to see if he can volunteer to walk the animals or clean the cages. You can also go to Stone Mountain, and climb the mountain. At the Bass Pro Shop in Gwinnett there is a rock wall that your son can climb for a few dollars, and a skate board park at the mall. You can also looking into horse back riding, there is a place by Chastain Park. I don't know how much that is. There also a few batting cages in the metro area, as well as going to the driving range. Both of those are very inexpensive activities that will also give him good exercise. You can also look into indoor swimming pools and/or swimming lessons. Who knows you could have a Tiger Woods or a Michael Phelps. Hope my suggestions help.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: