Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
LOL... yeah, I've noticed that this city seems to have a high percentage of Black gay men... sort of like DC... I went to the dogwood festival today and couldn't help but notice their numbers... they say it's hard out there for a pimp, but it's probably harder out here for a Black female... LOL... good luck. Unfortunately, I and most of my boys are married or I would hook u up with the quickness.
Dogwood was great this year man!!! I didn't notice any gay dudes, but thanks to Park Pavilion I was a lil toasted so..........

Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 PM

572 posts, read 1,871,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1977 View Post
where in the world have all the straight black professional men gone?

I heard that Wal-mart got a few left. If you hurry up you can still get you one for $499.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:58 PM

217 posts, read 409,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
...and expand your options...there are plenty of white, latino, and asian gents out there who love to date a beautiful black woman.

Never limit yourself...
Seriously. Don't trap yourself by thinking "I need to find a man who has all these qualities - oh, yeah and he has to be black. (Of course, maybe you're not thinking that way, in which case what I'm saying is totally irrelevant.) There are FAR FAR too many interesting, attractive, funny, kind and generous men in the world to limit yourself to one group, especially when you acknowledge that - for whatever reason - there seems to be a shortage of men who you're attracted to within that group.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:17 PM

172 posts, read 393,755 times
For what it's worth. I'm a single professional straight black man and I still ride MARTA.

Hmmmm... maybe that's why I'm single. Heh.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:37 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by God MC View Post
CHUCHHHHHH

My beautiful black sistas want all the fruits of the labor but dont want to do the planting, and watering for it to get there. U see a dreadlocked gold teeth ignant fool wit that Charger on 22's and you flock to him. I pull up in my Toyota Corolla and you give me the ughhhhhhh look. But once I pull up in that BMW 750 LI now it's HEY!!!!!!!!!! **** out of here, women need to look at men for their character, and not their wallet.
LMAO...Sound like something, I would say (especially **** out of here)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidSnake
The problem with some of these sistas who are single is that far too many of them never give ANY love to the hard-working & somewhat nerdy brothas who are busting their butts through college and having to take a full time blue-collar job to help with the expenses. I see this attitude a lot from the AU center sistas & GSU sistas.

Yet, as soon as the fruits of a black man's labor start to blossom now folks wanna be all on him. My question is, where was the love back when the money was tight and the only transportation available was the No. 3 MARTA bus?

Tell the truth!

I don't even think about it much anymore because I have my g/f but that how it was a couple years ago...From GPC to GSU..same crap...

Most of these woman make their own bed...

Now, I know, it is a shortage of quality black men but most of these "professional" woman look down on the blue collar bruthas and wonder why they are single and lonely...

As my mom has instilled in me, when you go to the store, they just care that you have the green to pay for stuff, they don't care where you make it.

Sadly, too many SBF care where you make it or if you don't wear a suit, you are out of their class so you aren't good enough for 'em....

Aww well, woolly in yo loneliness...

Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 PM

21 posts, read 150,336 times
yeah i understand that most Black guys think that most black women want the man with the six figure income, 5 or 6 bedroom house in Buckhead(just referencing the first city that came to mind), preferably no kids, and someone who doesn't mind dropping a little cash their way when they want it. Well what does the woman have to bring to the table, I am an a professional with a mediocre way of living. I don't have the flashy BMW or Mercedes I drive a humble honda accord. But what i did do and is still doing is taking care of me because i didn't want a man to do it. I am not saying that i wouldn't want a man in my life, who may want to spoil me at time its just the pickings in Atl are so slim or seem to be that I just choose not to date. Not all women are golddiggers; especially black women, they have those in just about every nationality of people. I can't speak for anyother black woman but me, and I would love to date and hopefully marry a black man, but I am starting to look outside my race because my experience with black men has been really negative and depressing. I know that their are good strong men in any race, just as there are dogs in every race. But I just want to keep my options open..

Old 04-19-2009, 01:53 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Well, you betta start lookin for the brutha in the Toyota Camry....

Old 04-19-2009, 03:37 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Im ROFLMAO..... That's true though. Too many superficial women out there. My wife and I each had our humble beginings, and work together to accomplish things. There are good people out there.

The sad thing is that a lot of women out there are into the guys with the Chevy Truck on 22"+ wheels, gold teeth, cash and these women are just as short sighted as the men they hunt. They deserve each other.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
The problem with some of these sistas who are single is that far too many of them never give ANY love to the hard-working & somewhat nerdy brothas who are busting their butts through college and having to take a full time blue-collar job to help with the expenses. I see this attitude a lot from the AU center sistas & GSU sistas.

Yet, as soon as the fruits of a black man's labor start to blossom now folks wanna be all on him. My question is, where was the love back when the money was tight and the only transportation available was the No. 3 MARTA bus?
I don't think it gets more real than this. I have a lot of single female friends and some of their expectations of a brotha are just plain ridiculous. And add to that the fact that many of them look like gum on the bottom of a shoe but expect the dude to be a GQ magazine model with a body full of muscles.

I could easily say the same thing about the quality of black women here but I know there are plenty of single brothas here that are worthy of a relationship material but as long as women keep believing they can only date the cream of the crop then there will continue to be women in their 40s that have never been married.

Lastly, some of the women with the "I won't settle mentality bed to realize that sometimes its actually the brotha that's settling for them... it is what it is.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 PM

21 posts, read 150,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post

well if is he is a good man and will treat me right i don't care if he drives a cardboardbox on 4 wheels it all about character and what his ambitions are in life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta