Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:19 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times

Advertisements

Reminder:

This weekend (April 25/26) is the Inman Park Festival and tour of homes.

UPDATED: Note the festival was this past weekend, however, new pics from this years event are posted on page 3 of this thread.

For new residents, tourists, or those who have not been to it, it's well worth the time to hunt for parking (the one drawback). It's one of the best and more diverse arts festivals in the metro area, and draws people from the entire area intown (a rare thing anymore). Well worth going if anything to walk the streets and look at the Victorian homes, but it's one of the rare events that I actually usually buy stuff at, too. See ya there.

Some pics of the homes/festival from two years ago...

Go, Granny!

Love this one (though I wouldn't want to pay to heat it):

Kinda creepy, but kinda neat, too (last one):

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-27-2009 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,082,278 times
Yes, all come down to the Inman Park Festival this weekend!

Inman Park Festival

The parade is Saturday starting at 2:00 p.m. If you plan to attend the parade, I would recommend scoping out a spot by at least 1:30 p.m..

MARTA is the best mode of transportation to the festivities. As soon as you get off the train at the Inman Park MARTA Station (E3), you can't miss the festival. Just follow all the people on Edgewood Avenue.

AtlantaGreg: P.S., Granny's name is Josie. She is my neighbor. And you must be stalking me as I live around the corner from the pictures you posted.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:58 PM

19 posts, read 76,893 times
Okay this is a great idea for a re-occuring thread on the forum. Especially since spring is fully here and there seem to be a ton of things going on in the metro area.

I am hoping to come check out the festival.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:26 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,082,278 times
Everyone, please take MARTA to the festival. There is not enough parking in the neighborhood to handle all the people that will be in attendance. Last year, all I could see from the corner of Edgewood and Euclid was a sea of people on Edgewood all the way to the Inman Park MARTA Station.

I even encourage all my guests for my party to take MARTA.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:53 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,521,082 times
I may have to check this out!!! The Dogwood Fest at Piedmont was cool.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,258,153 times
Actually, Greg, that last house is my very favorite in Inman Park. When I am running past it I always fantasize about being a successful writer of thriller action novels and writing my stories in the turret....

Old 04-23-2009, 07:20 AM

248 posts, read 648,712 times
Thanks for the pics, Greg. Very nice. We're so lucky to have well-preserved examples of Victorian architecture existing, especially considering Atlanta's bad record with preserving historic buildings in the city center.

I'm looking forward to the festival. I'm planning to take MARTA this year. I drove there with my family the last couple of years and the parking hassle was just too much. Plus, I felt sorry for all the residents getting boxed in by the street congestion.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,009 times
The Taste of Marietta is also this weekend on the square

Taste of Marietta

Old 04-23-2009, 09:21 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
Luckily, the Taste of Marietta is on Sunday, so people don't have to pick. But the Smyrna Jonquil arts festival is going on as well too, during the weekend.

For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out WHY organizers of these events pick like two weekends in Spring to have ALL of the events in the entire metro area. It's crazy. Same thing happens in Autumn around Labor Day - tons of stuff goes on in a two weekend period. You don't have time to do more than one or two.

George: That woman (Josie) was really gettin' down at the tent. She could boogie. Seemed to be by herself but that didn't stop her. She was having a blast.

Here's a couple more shots of some of the homes from that last trip down there.... (heck, George probably knows all the people who live in them. LOL )

I WANT this house (but somehow can hear Eddie Murphy singing the "You can't affforrrrd it" song in my head)...

Ok - to be honest, I don't really like this house. To me, it looks like a CAKE. But there were lots of folks looking at it, so I guess it's well-liked...

Last - guess where I'm gonna eat?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:33 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
I noticed this morning that the decrepit brown warehouse/garage near the corner of Edgewood and Krog has been painted. I guess they wanted it to be spruced up in time for the festival. I'm kind of bummed about that. I found the "try an kill me, b*tch" graffiti humorous, and now it can't be enjoyed by the masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta