Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:38 PM

9 posts, read 20,890 times

Advertisements

This is a great. I want to thank you all for making this such an active post. I got a lot of information out this posting already. We have been here for a month so far in the Alpharetta area near the Windward exit and I like a lot what a I see but I do not see a lot of "jewishness" in the area. The area is very nice and the people are very friendly. We have not moved yet. We came here this summer to "get a feel" for the area prior to moving later in he beginning of next year. the kids went to the Y day camp (don't laugh..not a place to see), but it is the Isackson Y LOL! I just moved the kids to the Lifetime day camp because it was getting a little hot. We did not send them to the JCC because of the distance. As I mentioned before we work out of the house so we do not need to be 10 minutes from downtown Atlanta. We just want a safe area with excellent public schools and a little bit of that jewishness around us. We are not religious by any means, but we do have a good sense of belonging. East Cobb and Rowell look like interesting places. ANy communities you can think of in our price range? I am not ruling out Alpharetta, but it seems like the general area around the mall might be the best bet. AM I correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 08:47 PM

132 posts, read 445,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagbark Hickory View Post
How often do you think the OP hears "Have a blessed day" down there in Weston, FL?
Uh.... never!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
And don't forget...

East Cobb includes the high schools of Wheeler, Sprayberry, and Kell as well...

East Cobb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I know I don't mean to leave these great schools out just if the poster wanted an only East Cobb search Walton, Pope and Lassiter schools would only pull up East Cobb. I believe the others would pull in other areas. It's just a way to narrow down the area without explaining the Mareitta, Roswell address issue. It was very confusing for me when my family was looking to relocate.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:29 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
I know I don't mean to leave these great schools out just if the poster wanted an only East Cobb search Walton, Pope and Lassiter schools would only pull up East Cobb. I believe the others would pull in other areas. It's just a way to narrow down the area without explaining the Mareitta, Roswell address issue. It was very confusing for me when my family was looking to relocate.
Understood.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:12 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,740,176 times
If you want a real Jewish community feel then Dunwoody is the answer. You won't find it in Alpharetta...too spread out. If you don't care about this then you can get more for your money in Alpharetta. Personally, I don't get the same sense of Jewish community in East Cobb as I do in Dunwoody. You can't go wrong and the JCC is absolutely amazing. This is a resource I cherish. Worth a serious look. There are deals and not everything is old and depressing.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:43 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,662,983 times
If public schools are your priority, I strongly discourage DeKalb County. In the past two weeks alone, DeKalb County schools have had two major cheating incidents. This is a struggling school system. Cobb has some bad schools, but mostly good ones. DeKalb is the opposite, in my opinion, a handful of strong ones but mostly weak and struggling ones.

My Jewish friends in East Cobb love it there as do my Jewish friends in Dunwoody, but many more of my Jewish friends in Dunwoody use private schools than do in Cobb.

Given that you are already here-- you have the perfect opportunity to poke around and ask lots of questions.

Good luck!

Last edited by lastminutemom; 07-07-2009 at 02:52 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,287 times
Default Did you ever move

I was reding you post and was wondering if you ever made the move to GA. We are a family of 4 as well in Parkland looking to move to the Alpharetta area. I was wondering if you have found a nice area with a Jewish population.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 AM

338 posts, read 897,431 times
Speaking of MOD CUT. POLITICAL COMMENTARYS BELONG IN THE P&OC FORUM

Last edited by linicx; 06-09-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta