Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:17 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,898,532 times

Advertisements

As a female I have to sound off in so many ways! It makes me mad to see women put men though this.
If it's not your child you shouldn't have to pay.
I don't think these women are irresponsible, I think they lack conscience and will stick any man who can pay child support. It's wrong, their wrong.

I feel sorry for the man who has to pay child support and then everything else for his child.
I do feel that it cost money to raise a child and while some men are responsible when it comes to doing that, a lot are not. Excuses does not put food in the mouth of a child. Lights, rent, electricity to house a child is also part of what child support could cover in addition to clothes and shoes.
There are too many bitter women who use child support as a punishing rod for men who don't want to be with them and supply them with endless amounts of money. Child support is not for momma's hair or car that she "wants".
Child support or arrangements should be discussed before the child arrives with the agreement being that if the person does not pay on time then go through the court system.
Let me put some rules in place which might be hind-sight.
1. Everything that is good to you is not always beneficial for you. USE CONDOMS. (They don't always slip off and break either, same with birthconrol) They can save your life and save you from making child support payments. It can also save you from having the problems we have today........children growing up not knowing their fathers or the other side of their family. So sad. Children with little identity.
2. Know the person that you are with. We all like to have fun but if you take time to know anything about the person you're involved with, you should be able to see this stuff coming a mile away.

Conclusion: maybe we should go back to the dna test at the hospital and stop all this stuff. I do feel that these laws need to be revisited. Start a petition and get some lawyers involved.

Sad case. A friend told me of a man who wanted to spend time with his child and didn't want to take the mother with him on their outing. She was upset that she was going to bombard their time even though he made it clear he just wanted to be a father to his child and wanted nothing to do with her. She called amber alert and reported her son "kidnapped" by his father. Father was arrested and was put in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 AM

371 posts, read 1,557,305 times
In the UK you pay 10% of your net income for each child, the child bust be yours biologically or adopted by you, there was a time that low income estranged fathers were killing themselves in despair as the agency was using a flat rate calculation that took upto two thirds the income or more in some cases.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,405 times
I was wondering if anyone knows if a non-custodial parent has to still pay child support for a pregnant teen who is receiving public assistance?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,898,532 times
Keep writing. Get involved with your local network to help fathers with child support, custody issues, etc. That's your passion to make it right. I personally think that a woman who picks a man to be responsible for a child that is not their child should be thrown in jail and brought up on civil charges ($) herself. It's criminal after all isn't it to stick someone with the responsibility of raising a child that isn't there's.
It's power in knowing your rights but before all that happens. How about a little caution.......protection for your life and her's and we can avoid these situations. After all if she isn't wifey material why would you expose yourself to make permanent attachments to this person? Anyhow.
I'm sad to see women so trifling now a days that if I were a dude I would ALWAYS cheek test my children without her knowledge to establish paternity. I hear they came out with an over the counter dna test which should be available in most major markets.
It's wrong. It's messed up. I can't believe people are so morally detached from their conscience that they will stick a man with a child that isn't theirs. It comes a time when you have to face the music and responsibility for your actions. It disgusts me to see shows like Maury where women are swearing dude is the father and he's not and neither are 8 other dudes. Women need to respect themselves and their bodies. That's just gross to let men run through you like that. EW! It's even sadder that men sleep with these easy anything goes women and don't consider who you are sleeping with.

I remember years ago I was interested in this guy. I arranged a double date for us to get together and I brought a party friend of mine to meet his friend. My date told me he couldn't "authorize" his guy friend to talk to my friend because she seemed to loose. He also mentioned how one of his friends in his circle caught something so he and his crew are very selective with the type of women they deal with. He then asked me why I would spend time with her because we are two different people.

Sorry to get off the subject and go on a tangent but I am proud that you are fighting the good fight. Don't stop and let me know they don't have to be under the thumb of their "baby mothers". They do have rights too.

I just saw boyz n the hood and thought of how sorry these mother's who prevent fathers from being fathers to their son's will be as they watch those children grow to be men. I'm talking about those men who are doing right by their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: