Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
they just arrested ppl with records. you need to look at court convictions, not midnless arrests. this is just pr stunt
I thought so too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 PM

184 posts, read 511,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
Guess what? My husband still, to this day, has that arrest on his record. He was asked about it in a job interview for a Fortune500 company 2 years ago.

How is it still on his record? Was there something else that happened? It seems like if they really just arrested the wrong guy it would not only be removed from his record but he would surely win a lawsuit for false arrest.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 PM

550 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightfromatown View Post
How is it still on his record? Was there something else that happened? It seems like if they really just arrested the wrong guy it would not only be removed from his record but he would surely win a lawsuit for false arrest.
The attorney who sprung him loose didn't want to make any waves at the time, he said to 'let sleeping dogs lie' when we asked about getting his DL/ID back, because it wasn't returned to him when he released from the county jail (late Sat night). Apparently the judge our attny friend called in a favor on to get him signed out pretty much was stepping on another judges' toes at the time, so we let it drop, not even thinking that a 'history of arrest' had been created.

Well, my husband stayed with the job he had then for another eight years and by the time he found out there was a record we were out of touch with that attorney, having not attended the church where he's an elder for at least five years.

He still got the job, btw, but after we move to Atlanta next year he will likely be looking for another job. He will initially transfer that job to Atlanta, but we intend to live Intown annd that company is in Alpharetta... not where we want to live and he isn't fond of long commutes.

Do you think he should, could, get it off his record before we move from this state? It's now more than 10 years old. It's the only type of police record he has ever had, other than one speeding ticket. He's 44, with only one traffic ticket - I wish I could say that, I seem to get a ticket every three years. When we're together, he drives LOL!

Last edited by StPaulEastSider; 08-03-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 08-04-2009, 01:13 AM

184 posts, read 511,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
Do you think he should, could, get it off his record before we move from this state? It's now more than 10 years old. It's the only type of police record he has ever had, other than one speeding ticket. He's 44, with only one traffic ticket - I wish I could say that, I seem to get a ticket every three years. When we're together, he drives LOL!
Wow that is pretty crazy! Sorry to hear that happened to you guys. I would try to get the record straight if you could. You can't plan for all the different times people might check his record and it would be terrible for him to be held back at anything because of that.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:32 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
I agree with some who say its more of a PR. thing,however the truth is,it will make some criminals have a second thought to hanging out on the streets as much.Some not all WILL believe the HYPE.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:01 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,892 times
Those without warrants were probably out the same day.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:35 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
It's unfortunately that such a "sweep" was only conducted once the media turned up the heat a large bit on Franklin and Pennington, though. While 120+ officers are to be added to the payroll by January, the APD is still nearly 800 officers short of a full staff, and this doesn't include the recent layoffs of some officers due to recent police records of their own: AJC: 26 Atlanta Police Officers Listed As Suspended - News Story - WSB Atlanta (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20257315/detail.html - broken link)
Where does this 800 number come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: