Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 12:47 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,051 times

Advertisements

This thread is getting way of topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 12:52 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Why would/should the Mexicans be her cup of tea? They are two different cultures you know.

No, I didnt...Please enlighten me 'oh great wise one'..

Relax,

Read the post over, think about it...and without sounding too arrogant, I am exposed to enough varieties of Latinos in South Florida when I am there to know the vast differences between them (not counting trips to Central and South America in my lifetime, oh and living in NYC having friends that were Puerto Rican, Dominicans, Columbians, Cubans etc). Need I say more?

I hope you were being facetious, cause I was... (And btw,she was saying that they weren't her cup of tea, meaning that's all she saw (not enough latin diversity in Atlanta for her), so I made a comment of that).

Old 11-12-2009, 12:52 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And you have just proven my earlier point that anything mentioned would not be acceptable to you.

You have been proven wrong by multiple posters. At this point, it is obvious you are just here to argue and further belittle Atlanta.
wow... so the fact that I think Rusans sushi is putting down Atlanta?

you must think very little of "the A"

I've had better sushi then either of the restaurants you've listed.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I won't disagree with you on Rusans, but lol at you dude.

Yakitori is just grilled meat on a stick. The way they prepare it at Hashiguchi is exactly like how they prepare it in Japan. I should know since I'm half Japanese and have to Japan several times.

The yakitori you are probably used to is the kind dressed up with different sauces to make hipsters feel cultured...when in reality you are eating the Japanese equivelant of a hot dog.
I'm half Korean and have been to Korea and Japan numerous times.. I know what I'm talking about.......

Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
This thread is getting way of topic

You're right. We've all gone off topic.

Now, to those who want to return to the northeast, please answer the questions I asked a few pages ago.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
I'm half Korean and have been to Korea and Japan numerous times.. I know what I'm talking about.......
And you couldn't find a Korean BbQ place? , lol....

And here are the questions for those wanting to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
My questions for many going back to the NE are:

1) What made you come here in the first place? (aside from work)

2) Why didn't you find work before moving? (For those complaining about work, money...etc)

3) What was not available to you at the time in the Northeast, that Atlanta seemed to have promised while looking to move?

4) Do you honestly think you'll ever be happy anywhere you go?

(I think I can answer that one for a few of you).....

5) What is it that Atlanta is missing to be the city you thought it was, or wanted it to be?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:59 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
wow... so the fact that I think Rusans sushi is putting down Atlanta?

you must think very little of "the A"

I've had better sushi then either of the restaurants you've listed.
Check your reading comprehension. I personally have not mentioned ANY restaurant names to you. And thanks for further proving yet another point.

If you MUST know, I like MF Sushi in Midtown. I'm sure that's not sophisticated enough for you, though.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 PM

MisterNY here are my answers

Quote:
My questions for many going back to the NE are:

1) What made you come here in the first place? (aside from work)
Work.. temporary project

2) Why didn't you find work before moving? (For those complaining about work, money...etc) came here because of work

3) What was not available to you at the time in the Northeast, that Atlanta seemed to have promised while looking to move?

didn't want to come here at all, I've been here and have a cousin that lives here. It was a good career move though to do this one project, had to kiss the bosses ass a little. My firm is looking into placing me in San Francisco as we speak. yay!

4) Do you honestly think you'll ever be happy anywhere you go?

(I think I can answer that one for a few of you).....

Yes, I was happy living in Lincoln Park Chicago (minus the winters), East Village & Hells Kitchen New York, Dupont Circle DC.

5) What is it that Atlanta is missing to be the city you thought it was, or wanted it to be?

It is what I thought it was.

I can sum up what some issues may be for those returning.

1. Some thought this would be the NYC of the South, and were disappointed to find out that two cities are never alike. (your mistake, not Atlanta's)

I never thought it was NYC of the South, I just knew it was the South

2. Came thinking this was what they saw in some videos, ad, brochure, magazine, Forbes list nonsense without further investigating if Atlanta was for them. (You got Owned ....)

I rarely saw Atlanta advertised

3. Saw Housewives of Atlanta, and wanted to live that lifestyle only to find out......it was just TV....and most guys at the bars were hard working and would not support the women wanting these lifestyles... (sorry ladies, some of you had it coming).

this show is entertaining because the women on it are so fab ghetto.....

4. Have no friends and family (That's a valid reason to want to leave)

I have a cousin and have made lots of friends, it's pretty easy to make friends here

5. Are just plain broke...Broke in NYC and Broke in the South are two different animals. (At least in NYC, you can get a Metro card and get around). Here you need a car (that means a car note for some), insurance, gas money, maintenance money etc.....But again, you can't blame Atlanta. Look at your situation and assess it realistically before blaming the city.

was never broke in any of the other cities I've lived in, including now in Atlanta, but I still prefer not having a car

Atlanta is like LA, another major city I don't personally care for very much.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
And you couldn't find a Korean BbQ place? , lol....

And here are the questions for those wanting to return.
lol. I said I nor my party wanted to drive 30 minutes to get Korean food.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
If everything is new and it's all strip malls and spread out, then you don't "live in the city". You apparently live in a suburb. Why do people move to suburbs and expect an urban lifestyle?
Because you can actually do that in some cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta