Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 15,061 times

Advertisements

Hi I am considering going back to college for an MBA. my background is a BA degree from a foreign university and Iam looking for a USA college degree to assist me break into a professional job since employers totally ignore my foreign qualifications. I did my GMAT and attained a score of 650 which combined with other requirements is good enough for GA Tech or UGA however am getting impatient to wait for next Fall and I saw Kennesaw have a dual MBA/MSIS program which i may b interested in . However i do not know much about Kennesaw how reputable the university is etc, they have asked me to apply by July 1 for Fall 2010. How does KSU compare to GA State where I can also apply for Spring if i choose to not to wait for Fall 2011. I appreciate all advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 07:20 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,492,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agwambo View Post
Hi I am considering going back to college for an MBA. my background is a BA degree from a foreign university and Iam looking for a USA college degree to assist me break into a professional job since employers totally ignore my foreign qualifications. I did my GMAT and attained a score of 650 which combined with other requirements is good enough for GA Tech or UGA however am getting impatient to wait for next Fall and I saw Kennesaw have a dual MBA/MSIS program which i may b interested in . However i do not know much about Kennesaw how reputable the university is etc, they have asked me to apply by July 1 for Fall 2010. How does KSU compare to GA State where I can also apply for Spring if i choose to not to wait for Fall 2011. I appreciate all advice
GSU is much larger than Kennesaw and the MBA program there has a good reputation, although I can't give you specifics.

This may give you more FYI>>>

J. Mack Robinson College of Business - Georgia State University

'Largest business school in the South'>>>>
http://www.gsu.edu/40912.html

Kennesaw is about 20 miles north of dowtown Atlanta if location is a consideration.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 04-26-2010 at 07:36 AM..

Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM

3 posts, read 15,061 times
thanks TakeAhike (what a user name?)

Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM

719 posts, read 1,698,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agwambo View Post
I'm not an expert on business programs, but my general sense is Georgia State is probably a 2nd-tier school in terms of overall reputation nationally and internationally, and KSU is a 3rd-tier school. But in the area of business administration - GSU's strongest suit - GSU is probably 1st tier, while KSU is still 3rd tier. That's just the general sense I get.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
I'm not an expert on business programs, but my general sense is Georgia State is probably a 2nd-tier school in terms of overall reputation nationally and internationally, and KSU is a 3rd-tier school. But in the area of business administration - GSU's strongest suit - GSU is probably 1st tier, while KSU is still 3rd tier. That's just the general sense I get.
I am certainly not well-informed on the rankings of business schools but word of mouth indicates that GSU/MBA is a tough program. They have been around longer than Kennesaw.

I assume Emory's Goizueta Business School is near the top of the first tier?

Emory University | Goizueta Business School | MBA, BBA, PhD Programs

Old 04-26-2010, 08:54 AM

719 posts, read 1,698,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I am certainly not well-informed on the rankings of business schools but word of mouth indicates that GSU/MBA is a tough program. They have been around longer than Kennesaw.

I assume Emory's Goizueta Business School is near the top of the first tier?

Emory University | Goizueta Business School | MBA, BBA, PhD Programs
Yes. I would definitely think that Emory is a 1st-tier school in every respect, business/MBA and otherwise (as a national liberal arts school alongside the likes of Princeton, U of Chicago, Stanford, Duke, etc., so not covering areas such as engineering obviously).

Old 04-26-2010, 06:28 PM

115 posts, read 424,245 times
Wait for UGA or Georgia Tech. Best combo of price and reputation if you really think you'll qualify for admission. Then Ga. State. Then Kennesaw.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM

750 posts, read 2,277,041 times
lol yeah if you can afford GT for your masters go there. It'll probably cost as much as the other schools combined though.

Kennesaw State University- good? Bad? Need info

Last edited by JasonPaul; 04-26-2010 at 06:56 PM..

Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM

17 posts, read 41,343 times
I have no affiliation to KSU but after reading all of these posts with no facts to support their opinions I did some research.

KSU has one of the nations best EMBA programs, rated no. 7, none of the schools mentioned in this blog were even rated.

http://coles.kennesaw.edu/spotlight/...%20Excerpt.pdf

Last edited by azbadger; 04-26-2010 at 07:26 PM..

Old 04-27-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbadger View Post
I have no affiliation to KSU but after reading all of these posts with no facts to support their opinions I did some research.

KSU has one of the nations best EMBA programs, rated no. 7, none of the schools mentioned in this blog were even rated.

http://coles.kennesaw.edu/spotlight/...%20Excerpt.pdf
The link wouldn't work for me.

As I stated previously I have no expertise in ranking MBA programs but I have heard opinions and know something about several universities in metro Atlanta.

It means little to me that 'Coles' ranks Kennesaw #7.

Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: