Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:19 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Well when you throw a third stringer in like Yung La or any other kid like him, then yeah, it seems like a kill. But I agree with aries: No, Houston does not have better rappers than Atlanta. They do have a lot of great ones though.
In my opinion; Houston has better rappers and many people will back me up when it comes to this. ATL might have a vibrant hip hop scene, but it's R&B scene is 10x's better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 08:31 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
In my opinion; Houston has better rappers and many people will back me up when it comes to this. ATL might have a vibrant hip hop scene, but it's R&B scene is 10x's better.
No.

All of this is opinion though and you are welcome to it. The one thing you cannot dispute though is that Atlanta has one of the illest MCs of all time in Andre 3000.

And here's proof (with Houstons finest in the mix)

YouTube - UGK - Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You) ft. OutKast

Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
No.

All of this is opinion though and you are welcome to it. The one thing you cannot dispute though is that Atlanta has one of the illest MCs of all time in Andre 3000.

And here's proof (with Houstons finest in the mix)

YouTube - UGK - Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You) ft. OutKast
He is an exception; I know very well about the ATL hip hop scene and overall; it's inferior to Houston.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:54 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
He is an exception; I know very well about the ATL hip hop scene and overall; it's inferior to Houston.
According to you, the rest of the world has a different opinion. BTW, this is way off topic...

Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 AM

799 posts, read 1,095,281 times
Houston vs ATL? Man we basically like cousins in this rap game stop trying to go off topic and trying to start S H I T.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:
I Know the Houston hiphop scene very well, everything from Big Moe to Big Hawk, I can tell you it's nothing compare to ATL. because their so many rappers comming from Atlanta and their alot haters. People like to judge Atlanta by rappers don't like mean while Atlanta has more lyrical rappers than ANY other city in the south and one of the large concentration of lyrical rappers period. If you know about Atlanta did you know where the term dirty south came from? Have you ever heard of the actual song Dirty south? Cool breeze dungeon family.

YouTube - Goodie Mob f/Cool Breeze & Big Boi "Dirty South"

Growing up when I stayed out in DFW I had a few home boys from Houston and who put me up on a lot of H-town music and generally Houston rappers had mix tapes across Texas before they blow up and I’m a hip hop head, I remember one day one of them told me that. Most Atlanta rappers are one hit wonders and there’s no underground music scene, rappers here just get a deal and come out of nowhere. Then I had to put him on a lot of mix tapes of ATL rappers before they blew up and actual open his eyes to how long and much lyrical rappers have been and are coming from Atlanta, mainstream and Underground.

Last edited by chiatldal; 05-28-2010 at 12:05 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,102,358 times
People love to be bias when it comes to ATL hip-hop. They love to compare ATL's kiddy "dance" artists to the underground or older rappers from other places....like ATL cant say the same.

Goodie Mob, Killer Mike, T-Rock, Outkast, Cool Breeze, Witchdoctor, Bobby Creekwater, Pastor Troy, Stat Quo, B.O.B, Al Gator, T.I., Jeezy, Luda,etc. can get just as lyrical as anybody.

As for right now, of course ATL has L.A. beat. L.A. cant even point a finger at the "pop" rap from ATL, now that they have kinda come back on the scene with that horrible jerk crap.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomrwest View Post
Yes.....by a long shot. Are we really gonna compare Roscoe Dash or Yung La to UGK, Lil Keke, Fat Pat, Big Moe, Yungstar, Devin the Dude, Scarface, etc.....?
Cmon' Son

and this is my point....lol why are you comparing current ATL "pop artist" to Texas, old school legends?? Because you're being biased to attempt and prove a point

If you mentioned Texas acts like Lil Keke, UGK and Fat Pat for Texas why didnt you mention guys like Goodie Mob, Outkast, Pastor Troy, Luda and T-Rock for ATL???

Anybody can be bias....thats like someone saying ATL is better than Texas....by comparing Goodie Mob to Paul Wall or Outkast to Mike Jones

Old 05-28-2010, 12:34 PM

About something I saw earlier in the thread...Usher isnt a native ATLien. He's from up the road on I-75, Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
and this is my point....lol why are you comparing current ATL "pop artist" to Texas, old school legends?? Because you're being biased to attempt and prove a point

If you mentioned Texas acts like Lil Keke, UGK and Fat Pat for Texas why didnt you mention guys like Goodie Mob, Outkast, Pastor Troy, Luda and T-Rock for ATL???

Anybody can be bias....thats like someone saying ATL is better than Texas....by comparing Goodie Mob to Paul Wall or Outkast to Mike Jones
Old School and New School; I still think Texas is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta