Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 11:16 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
My dealer told me last week that the 1st Q4's will arrive in January 2022.

I got impatient, and bailed on it. I didn't want to order one w/o seeing it and driving it first, & they have none coming in for stock, they are ALL pre-sold.

By the time I saw/drove one, then ordered it, I wouldn't get one until April 2022. I needed to dump an older car due to pending maintenence, so I ran out of time.

I kicked the can down the road on leasing my 1st electric car. I leased a gas burner for 36 months instead, so electric will come to our garage in late 2024.
/Shrug.

Based on the ID.4 "First Edition" that all sold out in minutes which you could find easily on dealer lots in the middle of the chip shortage for six months or so, I doubt the Q4 will be any big deal. You can always just go test drive the ID.4 anyway. It'll drive the same and there's plenty of those. Local VW dealer has 17 of them sitting around as opposed to say how hard it is to find a Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade. Might be tough for a month to get a good deal on one but that'll be it. It's pretty meh and for that kind of money pretty meh doesn't cut it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 11:01 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
/Shrug.

Based on the ID.4 "First Edition" that all sold out in minutes which you could find easily on dealer lots in the middle of the chip shortage for six months or so, I doubt the Q4 will be any big deal. You can always just go test drive the ID.4 anyway. It'll drive the same and there's plenty of those. Local VW dealer has 17 of them sitting around as opposed to say how hard it is to find a Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade. Might be tough for a month to get a good deal on one but that'll be it. It's pretty meh and for that kind of money pretty meh doesn't cut it.
good idea driving the VW same platform as the Audi Q4. The VW looks isnt very appealing though, but I'd at least get a feel for how the Q4 would drive.

I like the looks of the Q4 (the SUV not the crossover coupe) on my laptop screen, & I like Audi's intereriors.

I just leased a 2022 Mercedes GLC 300 for my wife, so I'm good for now.

The car I drive & own is a 2021 Kia Telluride...5 months old now. I got lucky to nab it AND got a nice deal on it too. $38k out the door for a base model demo.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:06 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
I wonder what's up with this fairly prolonged delay given that it's been released for a bit in Europe and the very closely related VW ID.4 seemed to go through homologation pretty much fine.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I wonder what's up with this fairly prolonged delay given that it's been released for a bit in Europe and the very closely related VW ID.4 seemed to go through homologation pretty much fine.
I was told by my Audi sales lady the 1st Q4 Etron would arrive in the 1st part of January.

It is sold, but I just wanted to see it in person prior to ordering a new one.

I have not heard anything from her yet...today is Jan 24th.

There have been so many delays, I went ahead and bought another vehicle, but I can sell it for more than I bought it for, so its easy convert it back into cash to order the Q4.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I was told by my Audi sales lady the 1st Q4 Etron would arrive in the 1st part of January.

It is sold, but I just wanted to see it in person prior to ordering a new one.

I have not heard anything from her yet...today is Jan 24th.

There have been so many delays, I went ahead and bought another vehicle, but I can sell it for more than I bought it for, so its easy convert it back into cash to order the Q4.
Yea, this delay is really something. I wonder how much of it is due to its popularity within Europe and Audi not having planned sufficiently for that demand.

In Norway, where the EV market is pretty mature at this point, the Q4 e-tron was the best selling vehicle across all segments and powertrain types this past January:
https://www.quattrodaily.com/audi-q4...-january-2022/

Old 02-20-2022, 04:56 PM

I hve totally givenup on the Audi Q4. I've moved on. I bought another gas burner for now.

Audi did a horrendous job at keeping potential American consumers informed, so I'll never buy any type of Audi from now on.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I hve totally givenup on the Audi Q4. I've moved on. I bought another gas burner for now.

Audi did a horrendous job at keeping potential American consumers informed, so I'll never buy any type of Audi from now on.
I agree. It's very strange how carmakers are behaving. If you take something like the Bronco which had extensive delays, Ford stayed out in front of it. Nobody like delays but just a quick statement that a delay has occurred, some placating about how they understand it frustrates consumers, and then what the new ETA is. Not what you got with the ID.4 AWD or the Q4. The Q4 "launched" in September of last year as a paper launch with no products, no press demos, nothing. They flew a few influencers out to Europe to drive euro spec samples and said it's coming later in 2021. And then nothing.

Tesla is even worse. They announced the Cybertruck with jawdropping specs and price that was coming last year.... and then they just quietly cancelled it all together. They're still working on a version of the Cybertruck but price, specs, availability they just walked it back without ever issuing any kind of statement to the people who had reservations. Just not the way to do business.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:

Yea, they really did. Often car purchases / leases have to be timed pretty well and so not having clear communication is pretty terrible. I wonder how much of it is the dealership and how much of it is Audi.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, they really did. Often car purchases / leases have to be timed pretty well and so not having clear communication is pretty terrible. I wonder how much of it is the dealership and how much of it is Audi.
Upside since especially in the EV spaces companies appear to be doing the most they can to encourage buyers to buy from anyone other than them the company that manages not to is going to come out smelling like roses in comparison.

Right now that's probably Hyundai/Kia. They've so far managed to quietly deliver a decent number of cars without promising they're super fun electric GTIs which the ID.4 clearly is not, pulling the old bait and switcheroo --- oh, you though you were getting 350 miles quad motor for $67,500? Hah! Try 250 mile dual motor for that price. Oh, and you'll be getting it in 2024 and not November of last year like we told you. We're so clever Rivian. I wouldn't put VW group in the same camp Rivian sits for me which is I'll never buy anything, ever under any circumstance but the delays and continued broken basic functions on the ID.4 AWD and Q4 don't make me super enthusiastic about upcoming products. They're like a slightly more reputable Tesla. Once it's actually for sale and being delivered I might consider it. Until then it's vaporware and I'll just assume it's a Cybertruck.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Upside since especially in the EV spaces companies appear to be doing the most they can to encourage buyers to buy from anyone other than them the company that manages not to is going to come out smelling like roses in comparison.

Right now that's probably Hyundai/Kia. They've so far managed to quietly deliver a decent number of cars without promising they're super fun electric GTIs which the ID.4 clearly is not, pulling the old bait and switcheroo --- oh, you though you were getting 350 miles quad motor for $67,500? Hah! Try 250 mile dual motor for that price. Oh, and you'll be getting it in 2024 and not November of last year like we told you. We're so clever Rivian. I wouldn't put VW group in the same camp Rivian sits for me which is I'll never buy anything, ever under any circumstance but the delays and continued broken basic functions on the ID.4 AWD and Q4 don't make me super enthusiastic about upcoming products. They're like a slightly more reputable Tesla. Once it's actually for sale and being delivered I might consider it. Until then it's vaporware and I'll just assume it's a Cybertruck.
Yea, Hyundai and Kia are doing great. I didn't realize VW had marketed the ID.4 as a super fun electric GTIs. If they did, I don't think that message got spread around enough to matter.

Rivian's bit is a pretty straight, and not very nice, play at raising money from the IPO. That vehicle pricing was an amazing deal for its specs and there were some people in the Rivian forums elsewhere who found it to be absurd. Well, looks like it *is* actually absurd and that was probably for bumping up the reservations and the IPO debut bonanza. The few hundreds who did or will get the vehicles for that price really got lucky there. Those people lucked out like the juvenile stoner $69,420 Model S purchasers did.

The Q4 e-tron is definitely not vaporware. It's been out in Europe for a while and selling well since it's been months since its release there and in January was still the third best-selling plugin despite being a pricey luxury vehicle. It's more likely that demand was much higher than expected in Europe and supply constraints were much greater than expected, so it makes little sense to start delivery here if they can't produce enough to sell there. They probably want to have production capacity pretty hefty and healthy since they probably want to be firing on all cylinders in the US when the federal tax credit limit hits and sunsets. Toyota's about to debut its first BEV and it's likely to come out when their sunset already starts.

All that being said, it is still a bad move and bad faith to not keep customers informed when launch is being pushed back.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 03-02-2022 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi