Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:00 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times

Advertisements

Augusta is like a perfect storm in a good way. Its like a hot stock that waiting to take off and you like know opportunity don't come by often in today economy. Now is the perfect time to buy before the price saturate. What probably need to do is start in both area if you can afford to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,765 times
Downtown art galleries coordinating Saturday afternoon event | The Augusta Chronicle

Downtown art gallery owners have started a new Saturday afternoon event designed to attract crowds during daylight hours. Organizer Syd Padgett, the owner of OddFellows Gallery on Eighth Street, wanted to coordinate a daytime art walk beginning next year. A shooting after July’s First Friday festival, however, convinced him that downtown couldn’t wait any longer.
“We don’t want to replace First Friday,” Padgett said. “That’s a great event, but it’s gotten more away from the art atmosphere and more towards the party atmosphere.”

Old 08-11-2012, 04:38 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Thanks for all of the responses. Augusta seems like a beautiful place, but I am certain that Atlanta would be better for me professionally. My fiance can't deal with the traffic of Atlanta and its surrounding areas, and likes Augusta. Savannah appears to be a great place as well, but again, it doesn't have the kind of performance opportunities and the population of performing artists that Atlanta does. I may be wrong about that. I've never been to Savannah, but I am familiar with SCAD, and it seems to be a good city for visual artists and designers to start their careers. My business would target the music, theatre, and film community. Ideally, I would prefer to stay in CA, but my fiance wants to be in the Southeast. The wrong location can damage careers and relationships.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:54 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
Good luck on your profession we as augusta wishes you and future spouse the best

Old 08-11-2012, 05:00 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Thanks for all of the responses. Augusta seems like a beautiful place, but I am certain that Atlanta would be better for me professionally. My fiance can't deal with the traffic of Atlanta and its surrounding areas, and likes Augusta. Savannah appears to be a great place as well, but again, it doesn't have the kind of performance opportunities and the population of performing artists that Atlanta does. I may be wrong about that. I've never been to Savannah, but I am familiar with SCAD, and it seems to be a good city for visual artists and designers to start their careers. My business would target the music, theatre, and film community. Ideally, I would prefer to stay in CA, but my fiance wants to be in the Southeast. The wrong location can damage careers and relationships.
Well if you're looking at the Southeast in general, aside from Georgia, you might want to consider Charleston, SC, home of the internationally-acclaimed annual Spoleto Festival or Columbia, SC. Atlanta would be your best bet and if serious about it, I'd suggest living intown where you don't have to worry as much about traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area