Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,098,266 times

Advertisements

There will soon be three mix-use projects underway in suburban Richmond County(Village at Riverwatch & Wheeler Town Park in West Augusta).... The construction headed to Jimmie Dyess Pkwy in Southwest Augusta maybe the forth one... The acres of land on Jimmie Dyess sitting across the street from Zaxbys(the entrance to the property is right at the new traffic signals on Jimmie Dyess/Harper Franklin) is supposed to become an mix-use center.... There's a neighborhood about to break ground on the property very soon(67 acres)... The 10k sq. ft. Shoppes at Dyess Park is going behind Zaxbys, and the 25 acre shopping center should go across Harper Frankin on the same side as Zaxbys... Neither one of those developments are located on the property, but will help create an cohesive area of development....

I think we can all easily see that Augusta is now turning the corner... Were used to having major growth in West Augusta and the Medical District.. The good thing it's spreading to the CBD, Olde Town, Harrisburg, Laney Walker, and South Augusta...

Coversheet

This location is closer to the newer areas of South Augusta(Willis Foreman, Brown rd, Old Waynesboro, Goshen, Fort Gordon entrance, Diamond Lakes, etc.... I still think with the $30 million I-520/Bobby Jones project underway in South Augusta... The Peach Orchard/Windsor Spring/I-520 corridor has the traffic and infrastructure to attract the long rumored Target, Chick Fil A, etc......

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-15-2012 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 09:00 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,096 times
That corridor I believe will explode. I can see them upgraded the interchange and widening the interstate from 4 to 6 lanes to hwy 56. There is a large piece of land on the richmond hill rd next to interstate 520 that is undeveloped. If they build an exit and entrance ramp at richmond hills. Only time will tell.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
That corridor I believe will explode. I can see them upgraded the interchange and widening the interstate from 4 to 6 lanes to hwy 56. There is a large piece of land on the richmond hill rd next to interstate 520 that is undeveloped. If they build an exit and entrance ramp at richmond hills. Only time will tell.
They're already doing that between Gordon Hwy & Deans Bridge rd now... The next interchange on I-520 is Peach Orchard/Windsor Spring....

Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
They're already doing that between Gordon Hwy & Deans Bridge rd now... The next interchange on I-520 is Peach Orchard/Windsor Spring....
True but the eastbound lane after the Peach Orchard exit is 2 lanes. I suggest widening it to 3 all the way to Hwy 56.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 PM

I was saying Peach Orchard should be next considering the location to the current widening/interchange project...

It's strange how some of I-520 WB is three lanes around Peach Orchard/Mike Padgett, but only two lanes of traffic when traveling EB.... I also think DOT needs to widen I-520 all the way to Doug Barnard Pkwy(Augusta Regional)...

Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 PM

The concrete median needs to be cleaned up as well, it is a combination of grass with a concrete median, very distasteful.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM

They'll probably end up demolishing the median anyway......

Old 07-18-2012, 03:58 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
There will soon be three mix-use projects underway in suburban Richmond County(Village at Riverwatch & Wheeler Town Park in West Augusta).... The construction headed to Jimmie Dyess Pkwy in Southwest Augusta maybe the forth one... The acres of land on Jimmie Dyess sitting across the street from Zaxbys(the entrance to the property is right at the new traffic signals on Jimmie Dyess/Harper Franklin) is supposed to become an mix-use center.... There's a neighborhood about to break ground on the property very soon(67 acres)... The 10k sq. ft. Shoppes at Dyess Park is going behind Zaxbys, and the 25 acre shopping center should go across Harper Frankin on the same side as Zaxbys... Neither one of those developments are located on the property, but will help create an cohesive area of development....

I think we can all easily see that Augusta is now turning the corner... Were used to having major growth in West Augusta and the Medical District.. The good thing it's spreading to the CBD, Olde Town, Harrisburg, Laney Walker, and South Augusta...

Coversheet

This location is closer to the newer areas of South Augusta(Willis Foreman, Brown rd, Old Waynesboro, Goshen, Fort Gordon entrance, Diamond Lakes, etc.... I still think with the $30 million I-520/Bobby Jones project underway in South Augusta... The Peach Orchard/Windsor Spring/I-520 corridor has the traffic and infrastructure to attract the long rumored Target, Chick Fil A, etc......

Are you sure this isn't just an apartment complex?

Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Are you sure this isn't just an apartment complex?
It's only residential at the moment...... They don't mention future commercial plans in the zoning for regular apartment complexes.....

2) that access to any future commercial development be at least 200 feet from the Tobacco Road intersection

Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,175,873 times
Quote:
It's only residential at the moment...... They don't mention future commercial plans in the zoning for regular apartment complexes.....

2) that access to any future commercial development be at least 200 feet from the Tobacco Road intersection

That area will see commercial eventually especially if apartments being built there. Right up the street on Willis Foreman there is another new subdivision already underway, plus the Walton subdivisions are still expanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area