Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:32 PM

11 posts, read 15,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
I-20 will be widened from from exit 194 to the Columbia/McDuffie County line.
I'm Gonna be honest, I don't see them going beyond Exit 190 (GA-388/Grovetown) OR Past MM188 (The Weigh Stations) in terms of widening I-20. And even then, they may only add one lane to both sides, making it a 6-Lane Highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
I-520 will be widened from Deans Bridge Rd to Mike Padgett Hwy with a new interchange at Richmond Hill, Windsor Spring and Peach Orchard Rd.
I don't know if they would actually rework Exit 7, especially since that would require tearing up Sconyer's Way and Sconyers BBQ. However, I could see them widening I-520 to the Airport Exit, Exit 10 (Doug Benard Parkway/Bush Field Airport)

Now for my own predictions!

- 1. A Dave & Busters OR Round 1 Amusement Place will Open in the CSRA by the middle or end of the Year.

There is potential for this to happen, as Dave & Busters and Round 1 Locations are usually inside Malls. not to mention, with Columbia, SC getting a D&B at the Columbiana Centre, why not Augusta?

Potential Locations for a D&B OR R1:
- Augusta Mall (Though one of the Big Stores [aka. JcPenny, Sears, Macys, Dillards] would have to shut down for this to happen)
- Regency Mall (That is, if there is a commitment to restore the place.)
- Aiken Mall (I know there are plans for a complete reconstruction of this Mall, so there's potential for it)
- Mullins Crossing Phase II (This would explain the rumors of a D&B planned for Evans that were way back in 2011, I believe)
- Village at Riverwatch (There's a lot planned already, but I could see something like that happening)

- 2. Construction for Widening GA-388 (Horizon South Parkway/Lewiston Road) Begins.

Mainly, they've been focusing on building up the place (ex. Kroger, DQ, Mcdonald's, Home2Suites) around I-20, but they really haven't done much in terms of the road apart from adding new Traffic Lights. I expect the road to become a 4-Lane Highway with a Suicide Lane from Wrightsboro Road all the way to Columbia Road. Though this may not be completed until 2019 or 2020.

- 3. Plans Surface for a I-20 Widening Project that will widen I-20 from Exit 200 (GA-104/Riverwatch Parkway) in GA to or Past Exit 1 (SC-230/N. Augusta) in SC.

This is most unlikely, but I expect to hear small rumors or discussions about a possible Widening of I-20 and Restoration of the Savannah River Bridges for I-20. Though it would take a significant amount of investments and time to make this happen, it's more of a necessity that this happen.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 12:51 AM

423 posts, read 447,794 times
Its to bad they just dont move the weigh station past Bakers Place Rd about a mile or two and then add a new exit for traffic to get on and off at Bakers Place Rd with 2 roundabouts like they are planning for Appling Harlem exit.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:04 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFX09 View Post
I'm Gonna be honest, I don't see them going beyond Exit 190 (GA-388/Grovetown) OR Past MM188 (The Weigh Stations) in terms of widening I-20. And even then, they may only add one lane to both sides, making it a 6-Lane Highway.

I don't know if they would actually rework Exit 7, especially since that would require tearing up Sconyer's Way and Sconyers BBQ. However, I could see them widening I-520 to the Airport Exit, Exit 10 (Doug Benard Parkway/Bush Field Airport)

Now for my own predictions!

- 1. A Dave & Busters OR Round 1 Amusement Place will Open in the CSRA by the middle or end of the Year.

There is potential for this to happen, as Dave & Busters and Round 1 Locations are usually inside Malls. not to mention, with Columbia, SC getting a D&B at the Columbiana Centre, why not Augusta?

Potential Locations for a D&B OR R1:
- Augusta Mall (Though one of the Big Stores [aka. JcPenny, Sears, Macys, Dillards] would have to shut down for this to happen)
- Regency Mall (That is, if there is a commitment to restore the place.)
- Aiken Mall (I know there are plans for a complete reconstruction of this Mall, so there's potential for it)
- Mullins Crossing Phase II (This would explain the rumors of a D&B planned for Evans that were way back in 2011, I believe)
- Village at Riverwatch (There's a lot planned already, but I could see something like that happening)

- 2. Construction for Widening GA-388 (Horizon South Parkway/Lewiston Road) Begins.

Mainly, they've been focusing on building up the place (ex. Kroger, DQ, Mcdonald's, Home2Suites) around I-20, but they really haven't done much in terms of the road apart from adding new Traffic Lights. I expect the road to become a 4-Lane Highway with a Suicide Lane from Wrightsboro Road all the way to Columbia Road. Though this may not be completed until 2019 or 2020.

- 3. Plans Surface for a I-20 Widening Project that will widen I-20 from Exit 200 (GA-104/Riverwatch Parkway) in GA to or Past Exit 1 (SC-230/N. Augusta) in SC.

This is most unlikely, but I expect to hear small rumors or discussions about a possible Widening of I-20 and Restoration of the Savannah River Bridges for I-20. Though it would take a significant amount of investments and time to make this happen, it's more of a necessity that this happen.

What do you think?
Most of projects I mentioned are unfunded high priority.

http://www.augustaga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7597

Old 01-11-2017, 11:11 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
I don't think we will see a D&B anytime soon probably 5 years from now I could.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
I don't think we will see a D&B anytime soon probably 5 years from now I could.
I could see Evans or the Village at Riverwatch soon, but never Aiken. That new redeveloping of Aiken Mall would have to do some MAJOR miracles for Aiken for there to ever be a D&B located in town.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:42 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFX09 View Post
Most D&B locations I've ever seen are free-standing or attached to a large shopping development, but rarely *inside* a mall. In fact, the one at Concord Mills in Charlotte is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that I've seen in a mall.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:00 PM

568 posts, read 698,674 times
I predict that AI (HAL 9000) will overtake the Marble Place... Then the following converstion will take place after HAL 9000 tries to interface with Marion Williams...

"HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Marion. Marion, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.... Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two"

Old 01-11-2017, 07:04 PM

11 posts, read 15,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Most D&B locations I've ever seen are free-standing or attached to a large shopping development, but rarely *inside* a mall. In fact, the one at Concord Mills in Charlotte is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that I've seen in a mall.
It Varies from Location to Location. I know the Virginia Beach location is inside Lynnhaven Mall (I was there in December), but I know for certain that the ones in Atlanta are within very large shopping areas. So Again, it varies.

However, that's not to rule Augusta Out. I already gave 5 Potential Locations, but ultimately, it's up to the management and the local counties to decide if they want places like that or not.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:09 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
I could see Evans or the Village at Riverwatch soon, but never Aiken. That new redeveloping of Aiken Mall would have to do some MAJOR miracles for Aiken for there to ever be a D&B located in town.
I didn't say aiken.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:53 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
D&b would like to double the amount of establishments they have over the next few years so them coming here is very possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area