Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 PM

194 posts, read 529,351 times

Advertisements

Wow I-20 is really being developed like no other. Just look at a few projects happening in richmond county alone off I-20. Forum Augusta, Wheeler town park, Gander mountain and Nothern toole development.

But it looks like bass pro shops will be the first store to open at VAR. Costco, 2 hilton hotels, pizza extreme, movie tavern, 18-screen starplex cinemas, specialty stores, large format retail and resturants. Regency mall close in 2000. Augusta will have 2 malls again like it did before. Even though this will be a lifestyle center and not a typical enclosed mall.

Bass Pro Shop to open in Augusta in late 2009

Bass pro which will be about 100,000 square feet, promises to bring about 250 new jobs to Augusta. Developers hope to have it ready to open sometime next year.

THE BUILDING BOOM CONTINUES IN AUGUSTA Augusta will be able to claim major city status by 2012-2015.

Last edited by joeyrun; 09-24-2008 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM

215 posts, read 601,440 times
Their is construction on I-20 from aiken county to richmond to columbia. Aiken city is about 30 mins to columbia, sc. Grovetown is about 1:15 mins to atlanta. My cousin stays in conyers which basically a suburb of atlanta. I can get from my home in columbia county near mcduffie county. To her house in no time at all really to her house. When people ride into augusta it will like a larger city. If you check GADOT wesbsite and look at the major projects on the site. All of them are in metro atlanta mostly fulton. Except one which is the I-20/520 project. I think the cost was close to 400 million. The cost according to SCDOT from the palmetto pkwy(520 sc side) is about 300 million. A big project is going to come in the next 3 years off I-20. Halfway between augusta & atlanta or augusta & columbia. Augusta may be able to become a larger city faster than you think. Gov. perdue toured the interstate 20-520 project about 7 months ago. He said he remebered when atlanta was growing and got this type of interstate project. But our flyovers will be more flamboyant and diffrent from the spaghetti interchange in atl.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:32 PM

215 posts, read 601,440 times

Old 09-24-2008, 04:41 PM

543 posts, read 1,316,838 times
Good news for Georgia! What project on I-20 between ATL and Augusta, Augusta and Columbia? I hate these kind of article because a month from now it will be a different story.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,100,025 times
Channel 10 did a story on the village at riverwatch last night. The workers were out their yesterday starting back on the site. The curb and gutter and land clearing is already done. The developer from dallas annouced their will be resturants overlooking the canal. I know people wouldn't mind having dinner at night on the water.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
You guys are finally getting a shopping center. Took long enough. Oh and we're getting a Bass Pro Shops too: Retail complex seeks tax break | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News
I don't know any shopping centers with 2 or 3 hilton hotels and office buildings.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:07 PM

110 posts, read 321,037 times
I still am not happy about the Village on riverwatch, mostly because it's too close to the beautiful canal. But if the Bass Pro Shop brings in some sales tax, them maybe that will offset it.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:19 PM

239 posts, read 701,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
I still am not happy about the Village on riverwatch, mostly because it's too close to the beautiful canal. But if the Bass Pro Shop brings in some sales tax, them maybe that will offset it.
look at the bright side you can buy a rod and reel and a new lure and be within walking distance to try it out ...

Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 PM

191 posts, read 522,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
Well,ofcourse,it will bring in more "tax dollars"more businesses always means more money in the community,and this should also,help in bringing my "tourist"into the area too,though I see a good many already.That canel,well, let me just say,"beauty's in the eyew of the beholder".

Old 09-26-2008, 08:56 AM

765 posts, read 1,911,195 times
The guys from Deadliest Catch have opened a few Bass Pro shops i wonder if the could be broght to open this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area