Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 03:56 PM

36 posts, read 117,975 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Augusta after I graduate in May from our local college. I have been searching the net for rentals and craigslist seems to be the only place with listings. We will be going to Augusta State to check out the school in the middle of March and I would love to look at some places and get some kind of idea of where we will live. Maybe get in contact with some listing people that will have an idea of what will be open. Our school has a strict attendance policy, so if I don't find something in March, I will have to make repeat trips to Augusta to look at a place to rent.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone have any tips on how to do this move or where to find more rental listings? I have two children and am looking for a nicer home to rent. We'd love to have a pool or possibly be on the river near nature trails. If you have any thoughts on how to make this a smoothe transition, your help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 05:56 AM

661 posts, read 2,897,034 times
Meybohm Realty has quite a few house rentals

Meybohm Realtors – Real Estate, Homes, Lots, Land, Rentals, Condos and Farms in Aiken, SC, Augusta, GA, Evans, GA, Grovetown, GA, Hephzibah, GA and North Augusta, SC

You could also check the Augusta Chronicle

Augusta Chronicle, augusta news, augusta weather, augusta sports, augusta golf, augusta georgia

Hope these help. Good luck to you.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:09 PM

8 posts, read 18,197 times
Hi,
Augusta has very good areas to live in. And it will be a hard move for you if you do not already have people there. It has very little community feel. I have lived there for almost my entire life. My best advice if you want to move there is to try to move to North Augusta Sc. It is just right across the bridge from Augusta. I know Augusta very well so let me know if there is anything I can do for you. To check out local listings. Go to Welcome to IWantA Online - Your Source For Used Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Vans, Motorcycles, Auto Parts, and Classifieds

Good Luck, Vicky

Old 01-17-2009, 01:47 AM

36 posts, read 117,975 times
Thank you both so much for your replies and links. Trying to secure a home in a good location has been my biggest concern with this move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area