Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,158 times

Advertisements

Hey all. I'm a long time lurker on this board and thought I would post a thread regarding my job search. My family and I moved from Denver to the Evans/Martinez area this month and so far we love the area. We came out here with no jobs and before I get criticized for that, it was our choice and we're comfortable to survive for several months w/o income. But obviously that was not our goal. Driving around our new town it seems that there are new buildings built, being built and a lot of growth. My wife and I are accountants and we thought for sure there would be a need for that even if this is a medical community, etc. I did a lot of research last fall up to x-mas and there seemed to be some jobs for accountants, etc. Basically my frustration is the lack of information of where to search for these jobs. Apparently no one uses craig list but spamers who advertise a job but make you sign up for some BS resume hosting site and the augusta chronicle uses hot jobs which isn't updated frequently. I get a few updates from Monster & Career Builder but not many accounting positions. I know the economy is down everywhere so I'm hoping things will pick up in Feb. We went up to Columbia, SC this week to meet w/ Robert Half, an accounting recruiter/placement company and they have some things "brewing" next month but did say that Augusta is normally a decent job market. Anyways, just a little frustrated and needed to vent. Anyone else having issues or can point me in the right direction?? Thanks

Other than that we do love it out here so far,.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:20 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Snagajob, careerbuilder, yahoo jobs, augusta chronicle should help.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 AM

337 posts, read 793,792 times
I would do the job seach differently. Get a list of the 50 largest companies in the area (which may take some digging). The go to that company's web site. Look for jobs there. I know of several companies that don't use Monster/Career Builder because they get swamped by people putting out blanket applications. Good Luck

Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM

10 posts, read 30,749 times
did you try temp agencies...usually they make you permanent after like 3 months. I found my job in the accounting department that way 4 years ago.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area