Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 AM

242 posts, read 596,443 times

Advertisements

Besides shopping and dining. I don't care for either and will go to the mall if I want to do both. And I mean far South. Burke County things to do can be put here too.

Reason being: Too young to work at anything just yet (I'm about to be 15 next month), too old to go to day camp, my dad doesn't want to drive to the Family Y on Wheeler most days, on the day of riverblast I'm going to be headed to La Fayette, and most of my friends are gone on vacation or lazy like me.

I will have something to do besides my usual while learning how to drive and going on vacation elsewhere and that is about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 AM

51 posts, read 226,657 times
I wish I could give you more help. When I was 14/15, I really didn't do anything during summer except play golf (golf course was less than a mile a way), or just walk around the neighborhood(Goshen) and go to friends houses. It really does help out to have friends that are close.

You said you had friends that are going on/went on vacation. Maybe you can tag along for their trip. I knew lots of people that did that when I was that age.

However, until you turn 16, or have a close friend that is 16, you're kinda trapped...at least I was. It sucked. It'll all change once you start driving.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 AM

41 posts, read 113,845 times
Oh yeah there is plenty to do in south richmond county during the summer. If you are into the arts scene there there is plenty of graffiti along deans bridge road to go around. Not to mention the south Augusta botanical gardens which is drive through by the way. By June you will be able to see every kind of wild weed in the medians of the highways which I call the south Augusta botanical gardens. Oh by the way, South Augusta even has a mall. All boarded up though. The safe thing to do would be to keep driving to North Augusta, Aiken or Edgefield where there is more safe options. Evans and the Lake is also nice. If you can tolerate the occasional smell, Phinizy Nature Park is very nice but unfortunately it is by the sewer plant so if the wind blows that way then there is a smell in the air. The Lock in Dam is nice too.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Pinefalse is back with the same garbage... The Phinizy Swap Nature Park is a nice place to go and enjoy nature..

YouTube - Phinizy Swamp Nature Park

Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinebridge View Post
Oh yeah there is plenty to do in south richmond county during the summer. If you are into the arts scene there there is plenty of graffiti along deans bridge road to go around. Not to mention the south Augusta botanical gardens which is drive through by the way. By June you will be able to see every kind of wild weed in the medians of the highways which I call the south Augusta botanical gardens. Oh by the way, South Augusta even has a mall. All boarded up though. The safe thing to do would be to keep driving to North Augusta, Aiken or Edgefield where there is more safe options. Evans and the Lake is also nice. If you can tolerate the occasional smell, Phinizy Nature Park is very nice but unfortunately it is by the sewer plant so if the wind blows that way then there is a smell in the air. The Lock in Dam is nice too.
Hah fail.
The friend that lives the closest to me is more a former friend of mine and lives off of a highway though unless I count the kids that live on a small road off of my quiet road because I may play basketball with them, that is it though. The other ones live in Hephzibah or Goshen I think and I'm not very sure where they are. One of them said they were leaving for one month to go to a place in Virginia after school ended. I don't spend just one whole summer doing nothing but my dad doesn't like spending more then 3 nights away from home for some reason. I can't go to that nature park because of my disabled mom. Usually though, we'll just run off way out of the area to do something entertaining other then the Family Y or Woodbridge. I hope once I get my license I'm trusted enough to use it. Then I'm going to either my closest friend's house, or to Clark Hill/Thurmond during the summer unless we're on a vacation.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,094 times
FYI, that gross smell at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park actually comes from International Paper. And you can't smell it all the time. On the flip side, sometimes you can smell cookies from the Kellogg factory nearby, too. It's actually a surprisingly beautiful place to have such a horrible location.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomimosa View Post
FYI, that gross smell at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park actually comes from International Paper. And you can't smell it all the time. On the flip side, sometimes you can smell cookies from the Kellogg factory nearby, too. It's actually a surprisingly beautiful place to have such a horrible location.
You can also smell that anywhere in South Richmond. I actually haven't smelled that for a while. I went to that nature park on a field trip in elementary school and my dad keeps trying to make me try to remember but I can't. I also went to another nature park somewhere in Burke County on a field trip in elementary school and I have no clue where it is.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM

1,138 posts, read 2,695,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl14 View Post
You can also smell that anywhere in South Richmond. I actually haven't smelled that for a while.
Yeah, something about they changed or upgraded some equipment at the paper mill so that it's doesn't smell quite as much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area