Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:53 PM

16 posts, read 29,399 times

Advertisements

Hi together :-)

I just found a bird eater (tarantula?) in my car... as fast as I jumped out, the spider was hiding somewhere... and I wonder if there is a way to get it out of my car, since I really cannot stand such a huge juicy thing in my car... they scare me to death...
Any suggestions from experienced Austinites???

Jasmin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 09:30 PM

362 posts, read 1,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa.sputnik View Post
Hi together :-)

I just found a bird eater (tarantula?) in my car... as fast as I jumped out, the spider was hiding somewhere... and I wonder if there is a way to get it out of my car, since I really cannot stand such a huge juicy thing in my car... they scare me to death...
Any suggestions from experienced Austinites???

Jasmin
Put a bird in the car, that will draw him out. Then you also need one of the tarantulas natural predators, the rattle snake, so you'll need one of those in your car too. Now, to get rid of the rattlesnake you can go one of two ways, a bobcat or a wild pig; both natural predators. You may want to go with both to ensure higher odds of taking out the rattlesnake. Now you're left with a bobcat and a wild pig, after a few days, the bobcat will eventually attack the wild pig, and you'll be left with a bobcat. Now you just need a big horn sheep to lure the deer out, so you'll want to tie him off to your side mirror and open the door. After this, you should be all set!

No need for thanking me, I give advice like this all the time. Just part of my job!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 PM

313 posts, read 786,512 times
Snakes? My money is on the spider

YouTube - Goliath Tarantula vs Snake

Old 06-18-2010, 09:49 PM

16 posts, read 29,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSpartan View Post
Put a bird in the car, that will draw him out. Then you also need one of the tarantulas natural predators, the rattle snake, so you'll need one of those in your car too. Now, to get rid of the rattlesnake you can go one of two ways, a bobcat or a wild pig; both natural predators. You may want to go with both to ensure higher odds of taking out the rattlesnake. Now you're left with a bobcat and a wild pig, after a few days, the bobcat will eventually attack the wild pig, and you'll be left with a bobcat. Now you just need a big horn sheep to lure the deer out, so you'll want to tie him off to your side mirror and open the door. After this, you should be all set!

No need for thanking me, I give advice like this all the time. Just part of my job!
LOL!!!
*sigh*
Yes, I guess this is what I'll have to do! ;-)))

I'm just not used to having spiders like this around... up until a year ago I lived in Germany, and there are no huge spiders...

Thanks anyway
Jasmin

Old 06-18-2010, 11:06 PM

653 posts, read 1,794,769 times
You could sell the car, and get a new one.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 PM

65 posts, read 248,646 times
Ok....now for an attempt to actually help Ms. Jasmin. Call Herpeton or Zoo Keeper. They are both exotic pet dealers in town and deal w/ reptiles and spiders among other things. I used to have a pet snake and went to Herpeton all the time. They may be able to give you some useful advice about who to call or what to do to lure your new friend out. Good luck and let us know the outcome!

Old 06-18-2010, 11:43 PM

844 posts, read 2,020,597 times
Clearly the only solution is to move away from Austin.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiacook View Post
Clearly the only solution is to move away from Austin.
Now let's don't get too extreme. She could probably just set fire to the car and stay in Austin. Problem solved.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,018,722 times
Hopefully, it wasn't a female and laid eggs in your car.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSpartan View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin