Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 PM

16 posts, read 79,789 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

For those of you that moved from the West Coast to Austin, what moving van company did you use? And did you have a good experience with that company?

Also, if you don't mind saying, how much did the moving van cost and did that include them shipping a car? Please send me a pm if you don't want to mention the cost online.

Thanks so much
B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 PM

59 posts, read 240,491 times
I went with PODS. Their large container cost $1800 to ship to Austin from the Bay Area, and I paid some local labor $300 to load all of my furniture into it. Most of the full service quotes I was getting were $6k to $9k. PODS also gives me the flexibility to store my stuff in their Hayward warehouse, and I can tell them to ship it to Austin...and they will have it there in a few weeks. $200 per month is the storage fee. PM me if you wanna chat about it.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:51 AM

110 posts, read 590,748 times
Allied moved us from the Portland area to Austin. Very good to deal with. No issues at all. Our move was paid for by the company, and without cars, came to about $16,000 or more.... not sure the actual number. They packed, loaded (we used about 2/3 of a truck) and unloaded in Austin.

It's expensive that's for sure. The Pods seems much more reasonable!

Old 06-29-2007, 09:39 AM

25 posts, read 85,668 times
We're using Moovers, Inc to move at the end of July from Long Beach, CA to Austin. After some friends of mine who moved from LA to Austin had a horrible move experience (movers quoted a price and then demanded more once they arrived in Austin, held their stuff, etc), I did some research and found this relatively small moving company based in the SF Bay Area. They had rave reviews from people and virtually no complaints that I could find. Anyway, after doing an inventory they gave us a guaranteed not to exceed quote of $5500 to load and move our two bedroom half of a duplex. It sounds like alot, but we have a good deal of furniture and many, many books, CDs, and DVDs. I can't yet speak to how it turns out, but so far, I have had no problems dealing with this company.

Good luck with your move!

Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin