Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 01:01 PM

109 posts, read 84,120 times

Advertisements

Life in Austin is mostly very boring unless you live downtown and are single , below 35 and hitting west 6th and rainey bars every weekend. There is no sports, no monuments, no culturally significant activities. Stuff like live music in a dive bar and acl might attract 20 something crowd but thats about it. The city trending towards becoming the next Seattle with mostly asian and indian crowd ever increasing the burbs, specially in round rock and north cedar park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 01:05 PM

11,861 posts, read 8,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axorb View Post
Life in Austin is mostly very boring unless you live downtown and are single , below 35 and hitting west 6th and rainey bars every weekend. There is no sports, no monuments, no culturally significant activities. Stuff like live music in a dive bar and acl might attract 20 something crowd but thats about it. The city trending towards becoming the next Seattle with mostly asian and indian crowd ever increasing the burbs, specially in round rock and north cedar park.
I like our greenways, nature, townlake, ect...although I agree, there is a lackluster of civic/cultural activities.

I personally am not an outgoing person though so its easier for me to overlook that stuff. What I personally like about Austin is how much opportunity there is here in my field of work without having to fork over $800k for an average house.... ....atleast not yet.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:38 PM

242 posts, read 208,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axorb View Post
If you live in the Hill Country, or near Lake Austin / Lake Travis there are plenty of options that don't involved getting drunk at a dive bar.

Best zip codes in Texas for raising a family, the zips starting with "78" are in Austin.
https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...ilies/s/texas/

Best Cities to raise kids. #1 and #11 are in the Westlake/Eanes area.
https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...ilies/s/texas/

Last edited by Swizzle Stick; 11-06-2020 at 02:46 PM..

Old 11-06-2020, 03:34 PM

468 posts, read 478,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBow2020 View Post
Really great post! How does Austin compare to Dallas for divorcees with school aged kids (Elementary thru High School) . What is the 40s to 50s Divorced/Singles life like - if anyone knows.
Dallas is the clear no brainer here. Think of how many more professionals there are in Dallas and the age groups as well. Any woman who looks average and put in effort will be ok in Dallas. Austin probably has way too many younger eye candy.

North Dallas, Plano is probably good. I know an older single mom who snagged a surgeon in the area. Sweet Sugar..Mcmansions baby..

Last edited by Peter5457; 11-06-2020 at 03:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin