Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,570 times

Advertisements

We are about to move to Steiner Ranch and will be looking for childcare for our 18 month old baby. Can anyone recommend any good place? I am also open to hiring a nanny—any good ideas on how to find a good one?

What is the going rate for childcare cost in Austin?? (for a nanny or daycare center)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 PM

59 posts, read 240,433 times
You may want to try Courtyard by River Place.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,278,452 times
There is a Children's Courtyard in River Place as well as a Primrose Preschool. I believe a Children's Center of Austin opened up recently in Steiner; there is also one at Jester and 2222.
If you're interested in hiring a nanny I'd suggest going to Mommy Mixer :: The Original Babysitter Network Event and attending a local Mommy Mixer. It is a meet and greet for moms and prospective nannies/babysitters (who are normally college students looking for full or part time work) and you get a whole book of resumes for the entrance fee. Right now the going rate for nannies is somehwere around $12 ranging from $10 to $15.

Good luck.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
I believe most of the top accredited daycares are charging somewhere in the neighborhood of $850/month for toddlers and $950/month for infants. There is some variation at some places depending on how long the child will be at daycare. There are some very good places around that charge significantly less, but do not go through the top level accreditation.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 6,003 times
Smile Nanny Available!

Hi, I read your post and I am actually a live-in nanny for a 9 month old girl here in Steiner Ranch and we are looking for another family that might be interested in doing a nanny share. We have a playroom all set up for the kids... I have over 8 years experience working with children of all ages, primarily newborns/infants/toddlers... CPR and First Aid certified. If you would like to talk further feel free to send me an email I'd be more than happy to send you my resume and discuss details with you!

Amanda

Old 08-29-2008, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 5,906 times
Default Babysitter available

Hi, I also live in steiner ranch and am the mother of a 17 month old , I am looking to babysit out of my home. My home is very baby friendly , clean , and tons of fun. My daughter is very sweet and loves to intereact with other children her age. If you are interested I would love to talk with you! Rates for child care are very high , I would be willing to come to a fair rate because Child care is very expensive .

Hope you like your new home in steiner ranch!
Email if interested [EMAIL="J.barker87@yahoo.com"]J.barker87@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 08-29-2008, 08:40 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times
I think hammy's "baby" is about ready for preschool now

Old 11-08-2009, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,803 times
Hi, i am a junior at cedar park high school and i absolutely love babysitting. I have had a lot of experience with kids and am certified in first aid and CPR. I am available most days out of the week after school ( 3: 45) and most of the summer. If you are interested in me caring for your child please let me know [email]kylee.eskelsen@yahoo.com[/email] thank you

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,125 times
Hi,

Are you still baby-sitting in steiner ranch? I'm looking for a nanny to care for my 9month old son. If you are interested, please reply with you contact info.

Thanks
Jyothi.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,900 times
I am a CPR certified school teacher/cheer coach with 10 years teaching experience, as well as, a certified gymnastic coach and mother of 1 (11 year old daughter) whom recently applied to start an in-home child care center. My husband and I just moved to Steiner Ranch and I am currently working on my master's and have decided not to go back to work outside of the home. I will only be taking 3 children, infant-5 years. If interested, please contact immediately at steinerranchchildcare@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin