Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 992 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are active retirees planning to move from southwest FL to the Austin area. We are considering Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander & Georgetown.

We would appreciate learning which has best value for the dollar in real estate and programs for seniors and would appreciate any advise we are able to obtain as to which would be our best match. We do not wish to consider Sun City due to many rules, but wish a traditional home in a quiet neighborhood not dominated by young families with young children and teenagers.

Thank you for your assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:35 AM

554 posts, read 1,746,383 times
I am in my 30's but wish I was an active retiree so kudos to you sir. Since you are looking at North Austin if I was retiring to the area I would probably like Jonestown or Lago Vista. Its close enough to Austin to be convenient and its not the suburbs. You have much nicer scenery in the hills and near the lake. Good luck on your house hunt.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
There are several communities in Georgetown besides Sun City that would fit your description, I believe. They are age-restricted, but do not have the many restrictions that Sun City does.

Because of Sun City, Georgetown itself has many programs for seniors that anyone in the community can take advantage of.

You might want to consider Texas Traditions, Heritage Oaks, Oaks at Wildwood, among others.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:34 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyatx View Post
I am in my 30's but wish I was an active retiree so kudos to you sir. Since you are looking at North Austin if I was retiring to the area I would probably like Jonestown or Lago Vista. Its close enough to Austin to be convenient and its not the suburbs. You have much nicer scenery in the hills and near the lake. Good luck on your house hunt.
I have to agree. Those are the places I'd recommend.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Lago Vista is pretty far out - not as the crow flies, but you have to drive into Cedar Park and then back into Austin to get around the lake and to Austin proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin