Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times

Advertisements

I'd like to see what was on the rest of that sign. It looked entertaining. As for the dude, blecchh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Probably because we've been in a relative drought for a few years and it's actually NOT humid in Dallas (as my skin and eyes and hair can attest to) like it used to be.
Possible, we've been traveling back and forth to Dallas over the 10-11 years and it does seem more tolerable these past few years. Now with that said, I still feel like I handle Dallas easier than Austin. My wife used to live in both Austin and Dallas so she's at home either place.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 PM

399 posts, read 1,803,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpenalty03 View Post
people go places dressing generally like they just got out of bed and not even fixed up. Its just trashy so many people dont even care, you go to descent to not even really nice restaurants and people just dress like nothing. IVe gone to really nice restaurants and there is always someone who just decides to basically be the odd one out and dress terribly. I mean a simple polo would help nothing else. I just find it astounding at the how not formal the people in the city can be.
You might find that people in Austin, even the poorly dressed, spend some of their extra time constructing grammatically sound, properly punctuated, and generally coherent sentences and paragraphs. To each his own, right?

Old 11-05-2011, 10:02 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I'm as conservative as they come, but haven't worn a coat & tie in 20 years. In fact, I own neither now.

My daily wear is a pair of shorts, a pocket T-shirt or polo, white socks & docker-type shoes. If it gets too cold, then sweat pants take over from the shorts.

If there's a wedding or a funeral, I'll wear my one pair of slacks and a dress shirt with leather loafers.

Swanky restaurant dinner? Those same slacks and a nice polo with said loafers.

Life's too short to choke it off with neckties and such.

(I did wear dress shirts, slacks, & neckties while teaching school for 30 years).

This is like my husband and me. He's always in jeans or sweats and I'm more comfortable dressed casually than being super dolled up. We're also pretty conservative and I don't think dress styles have much to do with politics. It's more a personal preference. The vibe in some parts of Houston is casual like that too. Dallas is the city in Texas to be if you like to dress up to do anything.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:30 AM

659 posts, read 1,376,747 times
Houstonians also tend toward casual. We like it like that!

Old 11-06-2011, 07:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpenalty03 View Post
people go places dressing generally like they just got out of bed and not even fixed up. Its just trashy so many people dont even care, you go to descent to not even really nice restaurants and people just dress like nothing. IVe gone to really nice restaurants and there is always someone who just decides to basically be the odd one out and dress terribly. I mean a simple polo would help nothing else. I just find it astounding at the how not formal the people in the city can be.
Dallas is the same way; people dress like slobs mostly unless it's right after church and you run into people eating out or running errands who have not gone home to change first.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 AM

398 posts, read 1,416,955 times
How can you be concerned with that?

Sounds like you have the most boring life in the world if you have time to concern yourself with someone else's wardrobe.

Or rather, to the point where it bothers you THAT much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin