Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 12:05 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,903,948 times

Advertisements

Hi, my 7 year old has played soccer at WAYA for a while now and may want to do something more competitive, challenging. I'm kind of dreading that and the commitment, but can anyone fill me in on the youth soccer leagues in town? Ideally the games and practices would not be too far from central Austin areas. I would like names of leagues, any general info on practices and games (how many, where, is there travel involved), reputation of league (are they super competitive and aggressive or are they just competitive enough without killing the fun), etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,098,988 times
There is the North Austin Soccer Alliance
North Austin Soccer Alliance which has a rec soccer league and tie-in to more competitive leagues.

There are the River City Rangers
River City Rangers Soccer Club which is "competitive select" youth soccer

And others!
Lonestar Soccer Club : Competitive Youth Soccer : Austin, Texas
Austin Texans Soccer Club :: Competitive Youth Soccer

But that's all I know. I have friends who kids played with the Rangers. My kids did WAYA soccer but decided soccer really wasn't their sport.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM

361 posts, read 1,163,639 times
Westlake has a very good soccer league with a more competitive tier that you might be interested in. All the info is on their site. I've had a lot of friends with kids that play there and they like it....competitive but not too crazy.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM

575 posts, read 2,495,874 times
Youth Soccer is pretty popular in Austin. Lonestar Soccer Club has over 8,000 players in Austin, but it is pricey even with that player count. It is great for the kids, and gets us out of the house as well to cheer them on. Since the clubs are pricey, you may want to really know what the sign up dates are for less expensive alternatives.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,903,948 times
Thanks! FromCali - can you give me an idea of how many practices and where and how many games and where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin