Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:03 PM

84 posts, read 225,581 times

Advertisements

So we are in the option period for a home in Silver Oak in Cedar Park. We love the home, the community and that general broader area around Brushy Creek Road (nice parks, green space, etc.).

In fully researching the area, I decided to take a look at the city land use plan. If I read it correctly it appears that directly accross the street from the Silver Oaks development (the other side of Brushy Creek Rd.) where there is just pretty open fields and greenbelt, is intended to be used for industrial purposes. To the immediate east of that, an employment center.

I am no expert in city planning, but this has me worried about what this area will look like and what property values will be in the future.

Anyone (experts or otherwise) out there have any thoughts or feedback on this?

See page 74 in the pdf below. It says 2006 on that slide, but I don't think they've updated since.

http://www.cedarparktx.us/modules/sh...ocumentid=1211
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:05 PM

Sorry, here is the correct link:

http://www.cedarparktx.us/modules/sh...ocumentid=1211

Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,739,779 times
Comp Plans don't always come to fruition and that map reads "Draft." I would find out what that particular parcel is currently zoned for and go from there.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
Comp Plans don't always come to fruition and that map reads "Draft." I would find out what that particular parcel is currently zoned for and go from there.
Yes, look at what it's zoned for as a start.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 AM

Thanks. I did find a very recent zoning map (August 2012). It says it is zoned as "Light Industrial". Anyone know what to expect from that? Is this something I should be worried about as a homeowner neighboring this area?

http://www.cedarparktx.us/modules/sh...documentid=318

Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Looks like they are also extending Lakecreek Parkway from 45 north. It will go through Avery Ranch, and north behind SilverOak. In that area it looks to be connecting to Gupton Way right by the stadium.

According to the plan, it will be a "Major Arterial" roadway. Similar to Parmer.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,559,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd411 View Post
Looks like they are also extending Lakecreek Parkway from 45 north. It will go through Avery Ranch, and north behind SilverOak. In that area it looks to be connecting to Gupton Way right by the stadium.

According to the plan, it will be a "Major Arterial" roadway. Similar to Parmer.
That would be a huge surprise to me. We've been here(AR...east of Parmer) for four years and haven't heard a peep about that sort of extension. Lake Creek cutting through to AR Blvd. makes some sense, since the area is now being built out; but, taking a major road even to Brushy Creek Rd would be a stretch. It would basically have to go through some back yards to fit it in 'next to' 183A and then curve it around to meet Gupton...wow! ('Course, it WOULD make your trip to the train station a SNAP! ) Building another bridge across Brushy Creek and the trail would certainly ruffle some feathers.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,126,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
That would be a huge surprise to me. We've been here(AR...east of Parmer) for four years and haven't heard a peep about that sort of extension. Lake Creek cutting through to AR Blvd. makes some sense, since the area is now being built out; but, taking a major road even to Brushy Creek Rd would be a stretch. It would basically have to go through some back yards to fit it in 'next to' 183A and then curve it around to meet Gupton...wow! ('Course, it WOULD make your trip to the train station a SNAP! ) Building another bridge across Brushy Creek and the trail would certainly ruffle some feathers.

Doesn't surprise me, they are building pretty fast on the land between Lakeline and AR by the water tower.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,559,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodinvilleguy View Post
Doesn't surprise me, they are building pretty fast on the land between Lakeline and AR by the water tower.
But, don't you think the road would only go to AR Blvd and not all the way north to Brushy Creek? I went by there today...the curb across from Gupton actually has a cut-out/apron, but it's nowhere near the width of a street, let alone a major artery. Of course, they could widen it...right now it looks like maintenance access to the 'green space' on the other side of the tracks. Speaking of tracks, any road through there would have to negotiate the rail at that point. The tracks run just a few feet away from Brushy Creek Rd and parallel to it at that point. Sounds like a real mess. I still don't see them building another bridge across the Creek and trail in that area. I could see light industrial/office along there(accessed by Brushy Creek Rd only). First, they should do something with the huge tract of land that was occupied by the building materials business just west of there. 'They' don't need to pave every square inch along Brushy Creek Rd just because they improved it.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:36 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,126,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
But, don't you think the road would only go to AR Blvd and not all the way north to Brushy Creek? I went by there today...the curb across from Gupton actually has a cut-out/apron, but it's nowhere near the width of a street, let alone a major artery. Of course, they could widen it...right now it looks like maintenance access to the 'green space' on the other side of the tracks. Speaking of tracks, any road through there would have to negotiate the rail at that point. The tracks run just a few feet away from Brushy Creek Rd and parallel to it at that point. Sounds like a real mess. I still don't see them building another bridge across the Creek and trail in that area. I could see light industrial/office along there(accessed by Brushy Creek Rd only). First, they should do something with the huge tract of land that was occupied by the building materials business just west of there. 'They' don't need to pave every square inch along Brushy Creek Rd just because they improved it.
I hope they don't cross Brushy Creek. it is my favorite running trail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin