Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 09:13 PM

104 posts, read 157,201 times

Advertisements

I thought I was doing Sun City a big favor by removing 12 cases of 3" white opaque drink cup lids that were stacked on the ground by our newspaper recycling dumpster. They have been in my car for 2 weeks and I cannot get any responses from emails I have sent twice to Ecology Action of Texas (no Ph.#) and a group here in town that is like an art teacher supply recycling place. My local waste drop off wants $16 for me to take them there.

I emailed Boys & Girls Club where I live and they took two. My plan (as a want a be artist) was to give them to a non-profit, Sunday School class, art teacher (schools closed now) or some place where kids could use them as art projects. I can think of at least 10 things that would be fun for them to make.

Yes, I know about FreeCycle, but my 3 (Austin, GT, RR) memberships have expired and I don't want to resubscribe just for this one problem. I thought about Habitat for H. which is close to me in GTown, but what the heck would they do with them?

Any hooooo, they are a few days away from going into a trash bin and off to the landfill. It is 60 miles round trip for me to drive into Ecology A. of Tx on 9th Street and have them turn me away because they have no phone and won't answer my email. I'm 70 years old and it's hot and I don't need to go to Austin for anything else that day.

I know this is silly, but I just hate to throw things away that can be recycled.

I will deliver all 12 cases at once, but can't deliver one case at a time here and there.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Can you not just put the lids into your recycling bin for pick-up? Twelve cases sounds like a lot, but they are thin, and it seems like it may work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin