Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 PM

12 posts, read 33,761 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

We are planning to buy a new house around new Sendero Springs (built by Streetman builders). Looking at zillow and others, we found other new housing community built opposite to Sendero Springs, eg.

1. Preserve at Mayfield Ranch
2. Highlands at Mayfield Ranch

These two are priced much lower than the ones in Sendero Springs. The only biggest difference I saw was Cactus Ranch School, which doesn't cover homes on the other side of 1431. Is that true, or has changed by now ?

Also, we could afford a place at Sendero Springs, however, we are not sure that we should pay high price for that one thing ? Especially considering, the new Sendero Springs are next to the stone crushing company.

Any help would be really really appreciated. We want to buy a nice looking house, but should be able to sell it pretty quickly, even under recession.

Thanks,
Jay Patel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 08:03 PM

45 posts, read 132,376 times
Jay, one of my friends told me that one of his contacts found this community (on the opposite side of sendoro springs/streetman which I assume is what you are looking at) to be much cheaper than streetman/sendoro springs and paid a deposit. But on reviewing the agreement in detail, he found that he owns only the house but not the land. He said that was the reason why there is a $50-60K price difference between the 2 sides and he ended up getting the deposit back. It looks like he was not informed about this during the sale process.

So this is something which you would want to enquire/investigate on.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:22 PM

Oh !! That makes sense. I should call them up, and ask them about that. If that is the case, Sendero Springs makes so much sense. I will update this thread as soon as I get some more info. (just for the record).

Thanks,
Jay.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:45 AM

327 posts, read 774,839 times
I believe the Preserve at Mayfield Ranch is selling detached condos, but Highlands at Mayfield Ranch are regular single family homes. I'm sure over the next couple of years the prices will go up and be comparable with Sendero Springs. Aren't they getting close to closing out new homes in Sendero Springs? It seems to me that new communities start low and quickly rise once they begin to get established.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:17 PM

Yes, the Sendero Springs are almost done with Phase 2. they have a phase 3 where they are selling lots closer to schools. They are supposed to be priced much higher than current rates.

I think the school district for Highlands at Mayfield Ranch, not being in Round rock ISD is probably the biggest rate cutter. Sendero Springs is under Round Rock ISD. Not sure if it is that good to be in that district, by paying so much more for that.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,557,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypatel512 View Post
Yes, the Sendero Springs are almost done with Phase 2. they have a phase 3 where they are selling lots closer to schools. They are supposed to be priced much higher than current rates.

I think the school district for Highlands at Mayfield Ranch, not being in Round rock ISD is probably the biggest rate cutter. Sendero Springs is under Round Rock ISD. Not sure if it is that good to be in that district, by paying so much more for that.
The individual schools are much more important than the districts...and the area is growing so quickly that keeping up with that will be a task. I will say, however, that I don't believe there is any upside, schoolwise, to being in that part of RRISD vs the adjacent LISD other than convenience to the ES and MS for a given neighborhood.

I think the rise in prices is simply a reaction to a hot market. The homes all along the Parmer/Reagan corridor are moving upward(starting last spring) and I don't see that being moved one way or another because of their being on one side of the ISD boundaries or the other.

Could be Sendero Springs is benefiting from being relatively closer to the new In n Out Burger location!

Old 01-13-2014, 02:52 PM

Lolz ! Agreed !! I think we would be going for sendero springs at last. We have moved further with them. Probably, finalizing in few days. I was personally looking for a home that I want to live in for almost 5-7 years, and then probably sell, and move to another location. I hate being pinned down longer than that.

And considering my job profile, I have a good chance of moving out of state, which limits my search to houses that could be sold quickly, and can hold the value against recession.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM

I finally signed my contract with Streetman on Sendero Springs. Somehow, it felt that I would rather buy the smallest (relatively) in this community, that going for the biggest on the other side (thats how big the difference in price is).

I have few other colleagues who have bought in same community, and are quite happy with their purchase. Hopefully, it should be the same for us.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,795 times
Good choice compared to the N side of 1431. I have a couple of colleagues that live in the Preserve. They had to sign a release/disclosure regarding the quarry blasts when they purchased. Every weekday, mid afternoon, there is an "earthquake" from the blasts. Can't imagine what that does to the house long term. According to these residents, the blasts and different schools account for the price difference.

The quarry owns the land next to SS phase 2 of course so blasts there could be an issue in the future. Also, the lots are much smaller than P1.

I'm in P1 of SS. You get Cactus Ranch (10 rating), Walsh (10), and RR HS (9). Compared to Mayfield/Preserve with Chandler(9), Walsh, and Stony Point (6).

Old 03-15-2014, 11:34 AM

80 posts, read 196,957 times
I looked into Sendero Springs and I see demand is there in booking.
But I read some other threads in this forum and see the Quarry activity is very much possible next to this community.

As the city has no control on this quarry and this area is specifically zoned for mining and there is no change from the mining company for other plans, but there will not be any mining in the immediate future.

Since there is no clear picture on this area, so I decided not to take risk in going with booking this one.

Infact I thought since there are residents and schools next to the mining and the city might not allow any such activity, but it seems the city has no control on the mining company.

If anyone has different views, please share it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin