Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM

16 posts, read 41,616 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We will be moving to Round Rock at the end of summer. We are thinking of buying a house and are hoping to find something between 160,000 to 175,000. We liked the Brushy Creek area and Preserve at Stone Oak. What other neighborhoods are in Round Rock that are near great schools? I have two young sons so family friendly and schools are important. We are hoping to make a few more trips there in the next couple of months. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 AM

7 posts, read 14,453 times
The Teravista area is nice although the area has grown so much over the last few years that it is overwhelming to me. But still a nice place to raise kids. There are three hospitals close by. Great Pre-k schools as well as Teravista Elementary and Union Hill Elementary. Check out the Forest Creek area too.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:27 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk81230 View Post
Hi,
We are thinking of buying a house and are hoping to find something between 160,000 to 175,000. We liked the Brushy Creek area and Preserve at Stone Oak. What other neighborhoods are in Round Rock that are near great schools?
There are a lot of neighborhoods in Round Rock that feed into good schools. However, the price range that you are looking at might make it difficult to find something right now. For example, there are 8 homes for sale in Stone Oak under $180K right now. All 8 of those homes are currently pending sale already. The Austin area Real Estate market is really beginning to heat up.

You're focusing on a good area, but you might need to expand your search to areas of Leander and Cedar Park as well. These areas also feed into similar good/great schools, but, you do still need to look at each individual school to make sure it fits what you're looking for. This goes for all the school districts in the Austin area.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 PM

152 posts, read 280,993 times
If you like golf Forest Creek is good...

Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
While I agree that both Forest Creek and Teravista are nice communities, neither is within the $160K-$175K price range that the Op wants for single family homes.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:28 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,058,220 times
I live in the Greenslopes neighborhood (off of Greenlawn/Meadowcreek). It's a pretty good area. Been here for five years now - no problems. There are a couple of houses for sale out here - mostly in the $100,000+ range.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
There is a really nice looking home off Sam Bass (can't post the location, but it should appear on the mls if use the search criteria of ziip code (78681) with 180000 as the max) that tracks to excellent schools (greatschools 9 for the elementary, 10 for the middle, and RR High). It is 1600 sq ft, with a .25 acre lot, and an older home. It is 180K.

You might also consider Pf - Blackhawk might have some smaller homes available that are in that price range. The schools that serve that area are pretty good from K-12. The GS ratings fluctuate each year but the schools are consistently above average/good for at least the past decade).

Old 04-10-2013, 01:44 PM

48 posts, read 86,244 times
I lived in the Round Rock West neighborhood for a short time and really liked the elementary school (Deep Wood) and the neighbors. If I could afford it I would live there for sure! There are often listings for homes in RRW in your budget range.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbunneh View Post
I lived in the Round Rock West neighborhood for a short time and really liked the elementary school (Deep Wood) and the neighbors. If I could afford it I would live there for sure! There are often listings for homes in RRW in your budget range.
This brings up a good point...OP states they are moving to 'Round Rock'...no mention of 'why' RR. It's so spread out that proximity to any particular location can't be described just as 'living in Round Rock'. It would be a nasty commute, for example, if one had to travel from Forest Creek to RR West during school hours. We need to know more about the OP's commute and/or reason for choosing RR in particular.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM

16 posts, read 41,616 times
We are moving because my husband works for Trader Joe's and will be working at the store that is opening in Austin. We moved from CA in Sept. to San Antonio and had always hoped to get to the Austin area so we are looking forward to the move. He has about a half hour commute now so we know that living in Round Rock will be a bit longer but think it sounds like a good fit for our family. Also his work schedule is not a typical 8-5 so we are hoping he isn't commuting in the highest traffic times. Thank you so much for all the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin