Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 01:38 PM

135 posts, read 736,190 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this neighborhood? My husband and I sold our house Friday and are now in the process of looking for a new home. The main thing that concerns me is how disruptive the train is that runs right by the neighborhood. Anyone that lives there, or knows someone that lives there, that can give me advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 04:23 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I don't know about that specific neighborhood, but where I'm at in Hutto I'm on the train line and it doesn't bother me one bit. Trains go by very often though, so if that bothers you, I'd move further from it. I just find the sound of a train comforting. But that may be because as a kid I could hear the train run through town from a distance and that's how I got myself to sleep (trying to count how many trains were going through town)

Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 13,591 times
Hi. I'm testing my first post as I just found this forum.

We live in an adjoining neighborhood to Wood Glen. Our realtor lives there and when we moved back to Austin/Round Rock, he tried very hard to get us to buy there. We're very happy living in the north-western corner of Round Rock and the train issue is non-existent in Wood Glen. However, it can be troublesome to the south at the Sam Bass/Chisholm Trail/RM620 crossings. Also, access to I-35 is excellent as Wood Glen is exactly one mile west at exit 254.

PM me if you need a realtor for the area as mine is excellent!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:40 PM

8 posts, read 36,291 times
Default Railroad Tracks

As a Realtor and one who lives not too far from the tracks in Round Rock, I would say that it is OK to hear the train from a distance, but you don't want to be able to see the tracks from you home. We are about 1/4 mile from the tracks and we don't hear the train anymore, but when we have visitors, they sometimes comment. Usually, it is a quaint comment.

When reselling your home, if you cant see the tracks, it won't be an issue unless someone is viewing your home when a train comes by.

Otherwise, Wood Glen is one of the better neighborhoods in Round Rock and in a great location. This same advise would apply to any busy road.

Thanks

Walt

Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,360 times
We live on the other side of Old Settler's Park, you can hear the train if you are listening for it! If Wood Glen is too close for you, check out the new development at the end of Red Bud, Paloma Lake. We are directly across the street from them and will probably buy there once our lease is up in July. They have brand new houses in every price range, the development goes way back off the street. They will eventually have a new elementary school in the development as well. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin