Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 8,278 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place in or around Austin where I can get a great haircut for less than an arm and a leg. I have been to Ulta and paid too much for a less than average cut. Truthfully, I'm looking for a place where I can walk in, sit down, and say "Make me pretty" and the stylist is competent enough to know what cut/style would look best on me... and then actually produce that cut.

Every time I go into a salon and get asked what I want I have the urge to say, "Well you're the trained professional, not me! You tell me what goes with my face, hair type, lifestyle, etc."

ANY help would be appreciated, otherwise its back to trying random picks from the yellow-pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 06:34 AM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,713 times
What do you consider an arm and a leg? I really like my stylist, but I am not sure if she is expensive or not for Austin...!

Old 12-12-2006, 11:26 AM

3 posts, read 8,278 times
Well I paid $30 at Ulta for a cut I could have gotten at SuperCuts for $12 and two weeks later I looked like I never had it done, plus they were really snooty. I'm willing to pay more than $40 (cut only, no dry and style needed) if its a great cut, and if it will look good for more than 2 weeks... of course I'd like to pay less.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,713 times
go to www saloncherie net. This is the salon I go to; the stylist I use is Tiffany Hardwick. she just moved to this salon from another location. I don't know exactly how much she charges for cut only as I get highlights and other crap done to cover all of my gray hair but I have super straight, super hard to work with hair and she gave me a fabulous cut that is very easy to maintain. I recommend her both for cut and for color!

Old 12-15-2006, 07:53 AM

55 posts, read 224,991 times
Try the Gallery of Salons at Northcross Mall- they can do anything! Plenty of wonderful professionals. Dixie is really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin