Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 09:39 PM

109 posts, read 83,525 times

Advertisements

(I am making an assumption here so please feel free to correct but i think you are hinting on dating life here)Oh absolutely, if you are looking for dating and night life the ratios have steadily gotten worse over the years. Good looking chicks are already in a relationship and the ones who are single have plethora of men hitting them up on dating apps. I was in dallas one weekend and the ratio of men to women was amazing . I wouldn't come here if dating was the utmost priority, especially during covid because i feel the covid people moving here are mostly couples in their late 20s early 30s escaping california and seattle and looking to buy a home and settle down, or like you mentioned bay area tech and seattle tech nerds

If you are set on Austin and have the luxury of spending some time then i would highly recommend getting an Airbnb in downtown for an extended period of time and get the vibe and feel of nightlife. The nightlife is really popping and even if you dont drink you can grab a topo chico and enjoy the vibe. Living in the suburbs would be a waste of time for an ethnic guy in his 20s.

Here is more actual data: https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/de..._by_origin.pdf

You can see that Indian , Vietnamese and Chinese are the largest makeup of the overall asians by origin.

Last edited by axorb; 12-26-2020 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 11:58 PM

25 posts, read 34,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axorb View Post
(I am making an assumption here so please feel free to correct but i think you are hinting on dating life here)Oh absolutely, if you are looking for dating and night life the ratios have steadily gotten worse over the years. Good looking chicks are already in a relationship and the ones who are single have plethora of men hitting them up on dating apps. I was in dallas one weekend and the ratio of men to women was amazing . I wouldn't come here if dating was the utmost priority, especially during covid because i feel the covid people moving here are mostly couples in their late 20s early 30s escaping california and seattle and looking to buy a home and settle down, or like you mentioned bay area tech and seattle tech nerds

If you are set on Austin and have the luxury of spending some time then i would highly recommend getting an Airbnb in downtown for an extended period of time and get the vibe and feel of nightlife. The nightlife is really popping and even if you dont drink you can grab a topo chico and enjoy the vibe. Living in the suburbs would be a waste of time for an ethnic guy in his 20s.

Here is more actual data: https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/de..._by_origin.pdf

You can see that Indian , Vietnamese and Chinese are the largest makeup of the overall asians by origin.
I'm actually a married mom of 3 in my late 30s!

So we are probably more of the "escapists" you described above lol..

Just interesting to see so many young men congregating in Austin, Denver, Las Vegas, and other cities.

San Francisco and Seattle have always been like that.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:48 PM

806 posts, read 2,884,139 times
Plenty of Pakistanis, Indian and Sri Lankans in Austin. I live within 20 minutes of three mosques, I should know. Wells Branch is SE Asia central. India vs Pakistan make believe cricket tournaments regularly. Kapil Dev vs Imran Khan. There, you know my bona fides now.

Part of the issue is the distinction, or lack of, when it comes to restaurants as a guide. It's easier to classify as Indian, because people "know" the cuisine?

Austin is NOT like Dallas or Houston when it comes to the numbers, or the enclaves generally associated with Indians/Pakistanis.

Old 01-01-2021, 01:15 PM

25 posts, read 34,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookmeister View Post
Plenty of Pakistanis, Indian and Sri Lankans in Austin. I live within 20 minutes of three mosques, I should know. Wells Branch is SE Asia central. India vs Pakistan make believe cricket tournaments regularly. Kapil Dev vs Imran Khan. There, you know my bona fides now.

Part of the issue is the distinction, or lack of, when it comes to restaurants as a guide. It's easier to classify as Indian, because people "know" the cuisine?

Austin is NOT like Dallas or Houston when it comes to the numbers, or the enclaves generally associated with Indians/Pakistanis.
Makes sense! Looking forward to visiting the area soon..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin