Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 10:46 AM

11,820 posts, read 8,027,753 times

Advertisements

TBH I think Houston doesn't get any hotter than Austin, just alot more humid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 01:39 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,057,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Definitely more consistently humid, but Austin has plenty of days with Houston-like humidity but worse heat. Most days are drier though and that's definitely a plus.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:12 PM

idk.. ..Austin summers tend to be less humid and more dry, fall and spring it does come close to Houston humidity though. There may be some days out of the year where it reaches HOU humidity levels but Houston tends to hold that much more consistently where Austin's humidity subsides unless a storm system comes through.

HOU: https://weather-and-climate.com/aver...tes-of-America
AUS: https://weather-and-climate.com/aver...tes-of-America

On a personal level though I can definitely tell the difference in humidity between the two cities on say an average July summer day. I personally think Houston is a bit tougher in the humidity department.

Old 07-08-2022, 09:21 AM

81 posts, read 196,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I moved from Austin to DFW this year and love it. Just getting away from the Austin City Council was worth the move. Dallas doesn't hate cars as the Austin City Council does. Dallas builds roads to support where people CHOOSE to live.

And there are tons more restaurants in DFW.
How's the weather though? I'm afraid there's more extremes there than Austin.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT24hr View Post
How's the weather though? I'm afraid there's more extremes there than Austin.
Maybe in hail and tornadoes but I can’t see how it could be much colder or especially much hotter.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:08 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,352,455 times
Quote:
I wish the dew points would be more prominently displayed, right alongside the humidity in all weather media.
That’s info some folks with pulmonary issues need to know.

Old 07-09-2022, 02:46 PM

621 posts, read 241,150 times
Houston = hell. No shade at H-Town b/c IMO it offers the best culinary experience out of the 3. But migod - the humidity is awful. As others have stated, Austin has higher temperatures but it's a drier heat. Both are awful...Houston is just on another level in terms of humidity. Similar to NOLA if you ask me.

This may be unrelated, but if you have doggies, Houston is great at offering dog parks with water. My wife and I used to take the dogs to Buffalo Bayou Park (?) and Danny Jackson to swim. It made a big difference that there was water available for the dogs to swim. I wish Austin had more dog parks with pools. Hope this helps and good luck with wherever you go. Just keep the A/C pumping wherever you go ;-)

Old 07-09-2022, 06:14 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Houston = hell. No shade at H-Town b/c IMO it offers the best culinary experience out of the 3. But migod - the humidity is awful. As others have stated, Austin has higher temperatures but it's a drier heat. Both are awful...Houston is just on another level in terms of humidity. Similar to NOLA if you ask me.

This may be unrelated, but if you have doggies, Houston is great at offering dog parks with water. My wife and I used to take the dogs to Buffalo Bayou Park (?) and Danny Jackson to swim. It made a big difference that there was water available for the dogs to swim. I wish Austin had more dog parks with pools. Hope this helps and good luck with wherever you go. Just keep the A/C pumping wherever you go ;-)

While not as humid as Houston, it's pretty dang humid AND extremely hot right now.

Lawd, I hate this weather right now. It's actually dangerous to be outside for extended periods. I have a nice tiger stripe on the small of my back courtesy of the shirt and my pants not being in sync, exposing my skin. My complexion is now bronze, very dark brown, and medium olive (which is what my natural skin tone is if I was indoors all of the time).

Old 07-09-2022, 06:25 PM

Meh.

Hasn’t really gotten to me.

I was just outside installing ceiling racks in my garage with some occasional trips to the attic.

I can endure some pretty serious heat. But cold really gets to me.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:54 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times
Quote:
Meh.

Hasn’t really gotten to me.

I was just outside installing ceiling racks in my garage with some occasional trips to the attic.

I can endure some pretty serious heat. But cold really gets to me.
Kudos. Not trying to gain Texas props by saying this weather is just dandy. Additionally, you're from the South mostly, I'm not. And 105 degrees is hot no matter which way you slice it. I can endure heat to an extent since I garden a half acre all by my lonesome for hours on end, but once it gets to be 97 with humidity its God awful.

The heat's dangerous and it burns pretty quickly too even with sunscreen. No way would I be fiddling around in a stuffy hot garage and judging by most of the people on our street, no one else would be either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin