Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 10:23 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,521,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I understand the concern aspect over the absentee ballots given we never did so many of them until 2020 due to the pandemic where a virus, originating in Wuhan which just so happens to be in a nation that was upset over Trumps trading tarrifs overtook the globe ... it was very abnormal and also outside of the general process of how we typically vote ... so the concern aspect - I can understand ...

... that stated though, I do think Biden legitimately won the election.
I've always had faith in the elections system. It's been well run all of these years, pandemic included. There wouldn't be any concern had a certain someone not planted that seed in people's minds. The pandemic shook a lot of things up and elections had to be conducted differently, but the integrity was always there.

Statistically speaking, little fraud was actually uncovered in 2020 (or beyond), yet some people think "election fraud" is this rampant occurrence. That defies belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2022, 10:26 AM

11,855 posts, read 8,080,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I've always had faith in the elections system. It's been well run all of these years, pandemic included. There wouldn't be any concern had a certain someone not planted that seed in people's minds. The pandemic shook a lot of things up and elections had to be conducted differently, but the integrity was always there.

Statistically speaking, little fraud was actually uncovered in 2020 (or beyond), yet some people think "election fraud" is this rampant occurrence. That defies belief.
Eh, I agree he did blow it out of proportion, but concerns about voter fraud were massing long before he planted the seed. Alot of people were very against the absentee ballots due to Covid.. ..so the gas was already there ... local governments in many red states started trying to tighten the system just before the election as well ... Trump just lit the match...

Old 10-28-2022, 10:48 AM

12,960 posts, read 13,386,884 times
Correct.
But Texas has a history of blatant fraud, with the 1948 Senatorial primary being a disgraceful example that changed the history of the world.
And not in a good way.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Eh, I agree he did blow it out of proportion, but concerns about voter fraud were massing long before he planted the seed. Alot of people were very against the absentee ballots due to Covid.. ..so the gas was already there ... local governments in many red states started trying to tighten the system just before the election as well ... Trump just lit the match...
There were some who were against absentee ballots I guess, but it wasn't that big of a deal until the "match was lit". Absentee was a matter of necessity in 2020, when vaccines, etc. was in their infancy. It wouldn't be fair that those who did choose to stay home due to covid (which was very valid two years ago) not be availed of the right to vote, especially in such an important year.

Additionally, there was nothing wrong with having drive up voting stations throughout the districts of large cities. If 2020 hadn't happened and the county clerks implemented that, it wouldn't be an issue.

I don't know of anyone on either side of the aisle (and I come into contact with both) who expressed such major concern about "widespread voter fraud" before. And like I said, statistically speaking, even in 2020, fraud is a small percentage that wouldn't tip an election in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Correct.
But Texas has a history of blatant fraud, with the 1948 Senatorial primary being a disgraceful example that changed the history of the world.
And not in a good way.
I can't really comment about Texas's history specifically involving elections...being a northerner and all
But it just wasn't a big deal before. Then again, so many things weren't before :/

Old 10-28-2022, 01:22 PM

15,273 posts, read 35,693,423 times
There is much less fraud now than there was before the implementation of electronic voting.....

Old 10-28-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
[...]

I can't really comment about Texas's history specifically involving elections...being a northerner and all
But it just wasn't a big deal before. Then again, so many things weren't before :/

Except he is referring to the events that eventually led LBJ to become president....whether you are a yankee or not .

Old 10-28-2022, 10:07 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,151,862 times
Quote:
I think this "election fraud" nonsense is ridiculous.

Our elections system was fine up until 2020, when the whole hysteria began. And the hysteria began because a candidate refused to accept that he had lost the election.
lol you have a short memory...

2000 election and the 2016 election.

2016 election was stolen
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-to-say-that/

democrats want to impeach trump after election
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump-has-begun/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...h-donald-trump

Old 10-28-2022, 10:27 PM

None of those articles claim that the tally of the votes were inaccurate or that there was fraud related to the mechanics of voting. I just skimmed the links, but they all seem to be related to the claim that DT or his friends engaged Russia to help sway public sentiment via social media, bots, etc.

Old 10-30-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
lol you have a short memory...

2000 election and the 2016 election.

2016 election was stolen
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-to-say-that/

democrats want to impeach trump after election
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump-has-begun/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...h-donald-trump
No, I don’t.
Neither of those articles or scenarios negate what I wrote.

There were no claims of faulty voting machines and true fraud in the 2000 election. That controversy had nothing to do with real election fraud.

2016 also isn’t the same as the fraud campaign in 2020.

And I fail to see the relevance of the trump impeachment article, sorry.

Old 10-30-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Except he is referring to the events that eventually led LBJ to become president....whether you are a yankee or not .
Ha I admit that I’ve forgotten about that…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin