Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2007, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 5,559 times

Advertisements

Lakeway looks like a very nice area. Lake Travis is near by and you're not too far from south Austin. There are two apartment complexes in the immediate area. Falconhead and Villa's on Travis. Does anyone have any opinions on these complexes.
I'm also looking for opinions on the Lakeway area in general?
Are there easy public access areas to Lake Travis. Love doing the boating thing.
The whole Austin area is great, but can't decide where to live. It's all good.
Work isn't an issue for me, but a decent high skewl for my daughter is important.
Any and all feedback is welcome.

One more thing..... has the new turnpike alleviated any of the east side traffic congestion? I would think that travelers passing through Austin would choose to avoid US-35 and take the turnpike in order to bypass the busy city traffic.

Thanks
bucaga
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 09:53 AM

90 posts, read 471,939 times
Most Apts in Lakeway are fine, if you can afford them. Find out which one has the best layout and ease of access for your needs. Most people find an Apt by where it is located. Make sure any Apt complex shows you the actual apts up for rent not model apts. Then ask someone who lives there. People are always coming and going. Always good to rent\lease and get the feel for an area. The tollways will eventually help with traffic, once the stigma moves away and pepople see the benefit. Lastly, are they still calling Travis a Lake?

Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
jak

12 posts, read 45,036 times
We lived in the Falconhead Apts. for about a year while we were figuring out where to live. We had a great experience living in Falconhead. It is located next to the Lake Travis middle and high school making walking to/from school, school events, high school football games possible. The apts. are newer but nothing to rave about, max size is 3 bedroom. Our best experiences were with the management and the people living there. The complex is small enough that you get to know people (that's if you want to) and had a great sense of community. The pool area has built in gas BBQ's that we used 4+ times/week during the warmer weather. Having two young children we spent a lot of time by the pool. The mgt. staff is very personable and makes a nice effort to host social events like catered cook outs, live music, free childrens' swimming lessons and movie nights for the kids, were they watched the kids for 2 hours. I am glad we chose Falconhead versus some of the larger apt. complexes further up north on 620. We were a little sad when it came time to move out. When visiting the complex they will show you the actual available units and not a model unit.

Public access to boating shouldn't be a problem. I guess it depends whether you own or will rent a boat. There are multiple public and private ramps in lakeway and around Mansfield Dam. Although access this year was limited in a lot of areas because of the low lake levels.

http://cityoflakeway.com/
http://www.laketravischamber.com/
http://www.lakeway.org/
http://www.laketravis.txed.net/laketravis/site/default.asp (broken link)

Can't comment on the turnpike.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:39 PM

3 posts, read 9,983 times
Default Living in South Austin

Would like information on what anyone knows about the apartments located at 1221 Barton Hills or any other condos, duplexes etc. in the south Austin area. Anything south or around of Riverside drive. East and west from from there. I am considering a job offer and would like to learn more about the area. What about the community of Buda and Kyle? Love to hear from you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin