Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM

8 posts, read 27,633 times

Advertisements

I live in the Lake Travis area and I am looking for someone who is great at installing kitchen backsplashes. I just got my kitchen remodeled and I am looking for someone who is artistic and knows how to install hard tiles. I once saw an ad in Austin about this lady who has a method of installing kitchen backsplashes in one day. Sounds great to me since the remodel was enough and I don't want someone cutting tiles and walking in and out of my house all day or for days. If anyone knows any info on this please let me know?

Last edited by pcbflorida; 09-02-2008 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: type o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 09:27 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,965 times
The way I understand it, to properly install tile, it's suppose to be a multi-day process so the mastic can fully dry before grouting.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:46 PM

120 posts, read 461,375 times
I know exactly who you are talking about, she installs it all in one day I heard about her through a friend I will PM you with her name and number

Old 09-03-2008, 07:30 PM

142 posts, read 455,433 times
Hey actungpv: You are correct and it takes several days to install a kitchen backsplash and the rule is 48 to 72 hour drying time before the area is to be grouted. Home owners and other contractors love to rush this and rushing this can be very dangerous (mold). If porcelain is being installed it could take a week to dry solid on larger tiles. I have pulled 16 x 16 porcelain tiles up after a week and they were still alittle wet in the center. The trick is to use the best mastic which is mildew resident and it does not come from your local hardware store.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 PM

142 posts, read 455,433 times
The company you are talking about I have their flyer. The process you are talking about is a precut system that they developed through years of designing kitchen backsplashes and remodeling bathrooms.

The backsplashes are designed and cut in their workshop, all of the tiles are cut to fit your area exactly. It says that every tile fits between 1/16" to 1/8". It doesn't matter what design or mural it is.

They do not cut any tiles at your home. When its time for them in install they just walk in the door with tiles that are already cut to fit your area. The backsplash is installed the same as any other backsplash piece by piece. They can install a 500 to 900 cut backsplash in 6 to 8 hours and they are perfect, a perfect design and fit.

They still have to allow for drying time, but from what I have seen you can't even tell that the backsplash is not grouted and it only takes them about three hours to grout and finish up. I found some pictures of a couple of them.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 09-04-2008 at 07:01 AM..

Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 PM

8 posts, read 27,633 times
Hey Austintilelady, thanks for the pictures I called the company today and they are coming out to my house next week. I still can't believe they can install backsplashes that perfect and that quick. They are giving us an estimate for our master bath too. I'll let you know how it all works out.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 PM

120 posts, read 461,375 times
Yea PCBFlorida my mother had them do her masterbath in Lakeway, Texas. Thats how I heard about them. She had no problems with them at all good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin