Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:54 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times

Advertisements

i'm scared of being run over by a big, green john deere combine! Help me!

awww, we can't use caps...shame on this site! party poopers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Then be careful on 1660 towards 95 (Rice's Crossing/Norman's Crossing areas). You can usually always get stuck behind one at harvest time

Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 PM

5 posts, read 11,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
If you really go to Hutto then I'm sorry about your friend, but how do I know you really go there?
im a softmore there i moved here from new york it was in the hallway near mr.stricklands office.armando(the kid who got jumped) is from la but lived in las vegas his whole life

Old 04-02-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
The post from the person saying they are a student there is very disturbing. How long had the fight been going on? How long was the feud between your friend and the other kids boiling? I can't imagine you haven't talked with the police yet if you were that close.

What kind of policy does the school have on bullying, threats, etc? Did anyone try and break it up or was it a mob in a circle just watching? (it happens) Did anyone ever talk to the staff long before this ever resulted in a physical fight? What were the warning signs if any?

Because I wasn't there it really is difficult to figure out what happened before or after. It's scary. It's scary for everyone involved. It just seems there must have been a previous history. It's hard to imagine a random attack with no background. Usually people know one another and there is an escalation process. Not always, but most times, (according to the experts).

And it's true...how do we know the student posting is really from there? It's a fair question in my opinion.
well it had to do with an outside thing aand people did try stopping it and thts when the other four (atackees) jumped in and beat the other kid up too. everyone did talk too the police. there really wasnt warning signs it was an out of school situation tht got taken into the school

Old 04-02-2009, 08:34 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
love roses, thanks for calling the school and getting the real scoop. Nice to know that no student went to the hospital.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
A quick call to the high school informed me that this story has been greatly exaggerated, especially by the media. There is a zero tolerance policy at the school against drugs, alcohol, fighting and gangs. There was no mob scene. Two or three students got in a fight, cause not known. There are on campus police on a regular basis (two of them) and that was the only manpower required to stop the fight, which was broken up almost as soon as it started. Noone required a trip to the hospital. That is a rumor. An automated message was sent out to all parents with kids at the school giving details for clarification and this week to send out a message, extra hall monitors and security are present.
bullcrap the victim has to get teeth surgery and had to get stiches

Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
love roses, thanks for calling the school and getting the real scoop. Nice to know that no student went to the hospital.
he did i swear he had to get stiches on his left cheek and his teeth were slanted inwards which is going to require dental work

Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 PM

If that's truly the case, then if I was that kids family, I'd sue the pants off the instigators family and make that monkey work a night job or something to pay for the dental work. Sometimes I think jail time is just way too easy.

But anyway, even if the kid did end up going to a doctor or hospital, the school says that no one went away in an ambulance. But, in reality, I've never met a guy who's ever been in a fight who didn't get something bent out of shape. My husband had a broken nose from one and another friend of mine had a few missing teeth and had to wear a couple of fake ones.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 PM

I looked up Strickland. Funny it would happen right outside his office, being that he's in charge of disciplinary matters His bio says he was the assistant principal at Dripping Springs previous to this.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
I read that article and the kid is 17. In Texas he's considered an adult and can end up with jail time and a record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin