Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM

40 posts, read 221,888 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Taylor Woodrow homes? Thinking about purchasing a home from them but don't know if they're worth all the hype. We looked at some other builders, such as Mercedes and David Weekly, and they weren't very impressive homes. Plus, I noticed in some of the areas where they are currently building, there are several homes up for sale and/or for lease. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 AM

111 posts, read 332,824 times
I worked for an escrow company in CA that dealt with Taylor Woodrow. Exceptional homes. I would purchase from them without hesitation, if I could afford it. Hope this helps.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:01 PM

575 posts, read 2,496,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzababy View Post
Does anyone know anything about Taylor Woodrow homes? Thinking about purchasing a home from them but don't know if they're worth all the hype. We looked at some other builders, such as Mercedes and David Weekly, and they weren't very impressive homes. Plus, I noticed in some of the areas where they are currently building, there are several homes up for sale and/or for lease. Thanks!
We didn't use Taylor Woodrow since they are more expensive, but you can always tell when you are in one of their homes. They have a nice attention to detail.

Our choice was subject to financial considerations, and Taylor Woodrow was not giving any incentives beyond about 3% back for upgrades. We found Newmark homes, and we negotiated 9% off the price.

We would buy a Taylor Woodrow home in a second if we could have afforded it. David Weekly comes real close to Taylor Woodrow, and they have some close out pricing in Parkside that is really attractive. The new section will be going up $30K, so maybe check it out.

By the way, I don't work for either company.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:17 PM

28 posts, read 119,224 times
I'm an Agent and I'd buy one.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:51 AM

16 posts, read 78,466 times
Personally..I would go with Taylor Woodrow....They have nice detailed homes...David Weekly homes will need lots of upgrades....

Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM

40 posts, read 221,888 times
Smile Found a home

Well, as much as I was pretty certain we were getting a Taylor Woodrow home, we ended up getting a home through Plantation Homes. Overall, they were both comparable, but it was the lot that sold us AND we have a pretty good view of the greenbelt. I hope it was the right decision. We'll find out in November when the house will be complete.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,190 times
We are also looking to relocate to Steiner and like both Taylor Woodrow and Drees. Does anyone have experience in negotiating with either builder? Is it a take-it-or-leave-it market? Other postings have indicated that there is substantial mark-up in upgrades, particularly for Drees. I would love to hear your views.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:11 PM

44 posts, read 170,018 times
Default Dealing with Drees

Well, I'm right in the middle of finalizing things with Drees and getting them started on building our new home.

What I like about Drees is that if you didn't (or couldn't) spend any additional money on upgrades, you would still be getting a fantastic home. I know that granite counter tops and tiles floors are standard in most communities.

We got started last month and received $20k for upgrades to the home. This was fantastic and so we really were able to do things that we weren't anticipating.

Dan

Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 AM

32 posts, read 127,575 times
IMO Taylor Woodrow is a top quality builder/developer.
They have quite an extensive website for those who would like to know more about the company.
http://www.taylorwoodrowna.com/ (broken link)
Taylor Woodrow has developed and is currently developing and building in many areas throughout Florida, Arizona, California and Texas. I live in Fl and have seen several of their communities and they are beautiful! They are considered a top quality builder/developer here. Expensive, but you are getting top quality workmanship. Their homes have a lot of quality details and customer service is one of their priorities as well. I would love to own one of their homes if I could afford it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: