Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 01:12 PM

14 posts, read 35,643 times

Advertisements

I am wanting some advise on two exterior colors for my home. The entry door is new and a nice warm brown, with a white and glass storm door.

The roof is gray. The stones are white.

So any ideas what color to paint the rest?

Thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 02:08 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
By the look of the house, it looks newer, which means you're possibly in an HOA? You should contact your HOA because they will have a list of approved colors. No hot pink or cobalt blue...

Either way, you should stick with a neutral offwhite color with the limestone of the house.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:18 PM

439 posts, read 1,256,302 times
I would do black shutters, a medium/dark shade of gray for the garage doors and deep blood red front door. For the body of the house color I would go with medium-light shade of gray.

2nd choice would be chocolate brown shutters,dark taupe/brown gargage doors with a navy blue front door. For the body of the house (if not all stone) I would paint it a lighter taupe color a shade or 2 lighter then the garage color.

Debbie

Last edited by Taterhead; 11-22-2009 at 02:31 PM..

Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 PM

Yes I know the HOA will have a say.

I like the Black and gray idea The trim around the garage doors should be lighter or darker? What about the soffit fascia and gutters? Yes the house is not all stone 3 sides are stone. none on the back and 1/2 on the 2 sides.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:31 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,016,857 times
What to paint in Round Rock? I dunno, I think tan is a very Round Rock kind of color.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:38 PM

515 posts, read 1,396,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
I would do black shutters, a medium/dark shade of gray for the garage doors and deep blood red front door. For the body of the house color I would go with medium-light shade of gray.

2nd choice would be chocolate brown shutters,dark taupe/brown gargage doors with a navy blue front door. For the body of the house (if not all stone) I would paint it a lighter taupe color a shade or 2 lighter then the garage color.

Debbie
I like your 1st suggestion. Right now the house is pretty boring looking with all that white. The house definitely needs some color to make it "pop." It also looks like you are redoing the landscape which will help to give it some new color too. Make sure to show us pics when you are done.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Old 11-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eichlerfan View Post
I like your 1st suggestion. Right now the house is pretty boring looking with all that white. The house definitely needs some color to make it "pop." It also looks like you are redoing the landscape which will help to give it some new color too. Make sure to show us pics when you are done.
I moved in last year. I riped out the over grown mess. Made some flower/tree beds. Changed the entry door. Doing a tom on the inside too.

Yes its time to pick some colors and make it pop.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:58 PM

439 posts, read 1,256,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulg928 View Post
Yes I know the HOA will have a say.

I like the Black and gray idea The trim around the garage doors should be lighter or darker? What about the soffit fascia and gutters? Yes the house is not all stone 3 sides are stone. none on the back and 1/2 on the 2 sides.
Great!,

As to your ? I would paint the trim and soffit/fascia a lighter shade of grey ( not too light). Anything not white stone on the body of the house a deeper medium grey and dark grey garage doors . Black shutters and deep blood red front door.

Not to brag but I sold our home 14 years ago,in Dallas in 5 days, 1 home in Phoenix in 2 days and this last home we sold this June in Phoenix in 11 days, even in this bad market. The realtors always ask me if I am a interior decorator because they love my color choices. So I know color, wish I could help you in person, good luck.

Debbie

Last edited by Taterhead; 11-22-2009 at 05:16 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
This website allows you to try out different color combinations on a variety of house shapes. I is really designed for HardiBoard siding but could be used to simulate something like your brick house.

James Hardie

If you look closely at the brick you will often see flecks of different colors or shadings in the clay or finish. They can often be used to suggest accent colors for trim that look great with the brick it self. In your case I'd look for some darker tones to give some relief to the current monotone appearance of the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin