Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,026,286 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling this is the start of a huge fight between Round Rock and Leander. I think it might take a few years for the dust to settle before there is a shovel in the ground. If it truly is on the border with Round Rock, and most of the traffic has to use Round Rock infrastructure to get to the park, then the ball is in Round Rock's court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:09 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,789,656 times
It's a done deal.

Opening in 2012....they'll be selling annual passes 2 years from today.

Has anyone (who's affected) asked the city (your councilman?) what additional streets are planned around the park?

& to those nearby....you'll plan your shopping trips etc. around the busy times. You'll know where the traffic is (probably 1431) & will avoid it on Sat. & Sunday weekends between 10-11am & between 5-7pm.

As far as restaurants, shopping etc.....if i lived nearby, i'd just head in the opposite direction during those critical times (we did it in NB & never saw a tourist ).

Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,659,222 times
Jobert, why do you see it as a fight between RR and Leander? As far as I can tell out here in Leander everyone I know is pleased to have it come to the area. Like another poster said, summer jobs,not to far away and think once that X park opens up all the stuff to do around here.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,578,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post

Has anyone (who's affected) asked the city (your councilman?) what additional streets are planned around the park?
That's the problem. Very few people living in the city where it is being built (Cedar Park) are going to be affected by it. Those of us that live in West Round Rock will see the majority of the traffic as we live right on 1431 in-between I-35 and the proposed site. My guess is that we'll have to ask the city of Round Rock, but since we're in an unincorporated area of Round Rock, we don't really get any Round Rock services anyway. For example, we can't use the Round Rock library for free even though our address is in Round Rock. Round Rock police does not patrol our neighborhoods (Wilco Sheriff does), etc.

I actually don't have a problem with it going in. I would be happier if it wasn't right there, but that's where it's going. I'm worried that the stretch of 1431 between I-35 and Parmer is now going to be a death trap (more than it already is). There is no avoiding 1431 for those of us that live in Mayfield Ranch, Stone Oak, Vista Oaks, Sendero Springs, etc. If we all start taking Sam Bass to get out of the area towards I-35, then there will really be some traffic jams in that area. We won't know until it goes in, but at this point I think a lack of information from the planners on how/if they plan to upgrade the streets in Round Rock to handle the additional traffic is the main problem.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
Jobert, why do you see it as a fight between RR and Leander? As far as I can tell out here in Leander everyone I know is pleased to have it come to the area. Like another poster said, summer jobs,not to far away and think once that X park opens up all the stuff to do around here.

Sorry, I meant to say "Cedar Park", not Leander. I get the two mixed up alot. I see Round Rock dealing with the extra traffic, but Cedar Park getting the benefit of increased tax revenue. The stretch of 1431 towards 35 is where 80% of the people will be coming from, and that road lies almost entirely in Round Rock. I may be wrong..Round Rock may benefit, and call it a wash.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 AM

Jobert, I was wondering since Leander has built nothing in that area yet so it can zone/build it to suit that area on the land it has in the area. Mr. Neddy may not like it since he takes Parmer to work but just maybe the train will be up and running by then and that goes right by his work and his employer has plans to offer a shuddle to and from the station...hey this might all work out of us!

Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 AM

Well I have two kiddos used ti live 2 exits away from fiesta texas and we loved being able to drop by for a couple of hours at the end of a week and go to the water park or go on a few rides with the boys and then go back home. Still go there 7-10 times during the summer with passes. I imagine that the water park will be much of the same sort of thing for us so I am looking forward to it. No fee to park even better. Long day at the park then a burger at Moonies with a longneck to wrap up the day...sound like a good deal to me! LOL

Old 02-02-2010, 10:17 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,129,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooCeleste View Post
I will chime in on this since I live near the back of Walsh Trails, having built our new home less than one year ago. Last week was the first I'd heard of the waterpark - nobody with our builder told us about it when we signed the contract or were building the house (not a surprise) even though the land was bought over two years ago for the specific purpose of being a waterpark. As the crow flies, Walsh Trails is about 1.25 miles from the location where the Schlitterbahn will be. There are woods between us and them, and no streets YET, but who knows what the future holds. Spanish Oak Trail and Anderson Crossing seem like odd little roads, and Walsh Hill Trail dead-ends into Spanish Oak Trail without a cul-de-sac (there's a sign saying private property, though) so it could be feasible, I guess, if they made back roads all the way to the Schlitterbahn location. If you Google Earth it, you can see exactly to what I'm referring. South Frontier Lane out of RBC also just dead-ends, which suggests that it may connect to something later.
Frontier is going to connect with Ranch trails. Ranch trails is going to go to CR-174 (brushy creek). I don't see any plans in the road planning map that ever connects Brushy Creek to Walsh Trails. We at RaBC wanna keep that Walsh trails rifraff out :-) just joking.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM

I looked at prices online for the old park in NB. It's $40/person per day, and $130 per summer. I can't imagine what they will charge for the new park if it's a "destination" that is open year-round. I am going to venture a guess in the neighborhood of $60/day and $299-$399/year?

Does anyone living in the vicinity of this new park plan on getting passes for the entire family? What if it runs well over $1000 per year?

Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM

372 posts, read 1,150,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
I looked at prices online for the old park in NB. It's $40/person per day, and $130 per summer. I can't imagine what they will charge for the new park if it's a "destination" that is open year-round. I am going to venture a guess in the neighborhood of $60/day and $299-$399/year?

Does anyone living in the vicinity of this new park plan on getting passes for the entire family? What if it runs well over $1000 per year?
Ouch, I thought the season passes would be more like what we paid for Sea World which was like $60 per pass. No way will I pay $129 per season pass. They are offering $2 off if you order online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin