Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM

809 posts, read 1,861,508 times

Advertisements

I was dodging a ferrel cat in the road you moron!. did you not see the little booger run out into the road when you hit your flashers and got me down!...YOU IDIOT!...i wasn't drinking either...do you smell Makers Mark on my breath you moron!...I wasn't speeding either I was below the limt of 35....geesh..and guess what? it worked!...Adam 12 let me off with a warning and told me I should've hit the cat...lol

ps.- all the "morons" and "you idiots" were just added for shock value in this thread. I didn't really call him those names.

Did anybody have to submit to this Gustapo tactic over the holidays yet?

please share your story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
I was dodging a ferrel cat in the road you moron!. did you not see the little booger run out into the road when you hit your flashers and got me down!...YOU IDIOT!...i wasn't drinking either...do you smell Makers Mark on my breath you moron!...I wasn't speeding either I was below the limt of 35....geesh..and guess what? it worked!...Adam 12 let me off with a warning and told me I should've hit the cat...lol

ps.- all the "morons" and "you idiots" were just added for shock value in this thread. I didn't really call him those names.

please share your story.
I don't understand. Your story makes it sound as if you "got away with something". What did you get away with? Speeding? Drunk Driving? Swerving all over the road? Are any of these things something to brag about and ask others to brag with you?

Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM

532 posts, read 1,392,067 times
Yeah, I don't really understand either. According to your story, you were swerving (to avoid an animal), and you got pulled over by the police because they saw your car swerving and they didn't see why. You explained what happened and they didn't ticket you. How were they idiots, morons, and employing Gestapo tactics?

Old 01-04-2010, 11:45 AM

double post

Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
I don't understand. Your story makes it sound as if you "got away with something". What did you get away with? Speeding? Drunk Driving? Swerving all over the road? Are any of these things something to brag about and ask others to brag with you?

No. I was making a point that ultimately all cops aren't a-holes. I also piggybacked on that with a question if anybody has been forced to give blood while downtown with the "no refusal" BS that's been going on in Austin lately, mainly around holidays.

and you know what, now that I think about it, if I had hit the cat I bet he would've gave me a ticket and say I was being abusive to stray cats or something because he really wanted to give me one but he had no case.

So I guess I did get away with something...his respect.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulmmm View Post
Yeah, I don't really understand either. According to your story, you were swerving (to avoid an animal), and you got pulled over by the police because they saw your car swerving and they didn't see why. You explained what happened and they didn't ticket you. How were they idiots, morons, and employing Gestapo tactics?
I guess I wasn't clear enough. the cop intially was all aggressive with the lights flashing, the boat horn thing, talking over the megaphone "pull over!", etc..then he was hot-headed with me flashing the light in my face and asking have I been drinking etc..I just knew the next thing was a blood draw, BUT, although I was upset at his approach I was able to explain what happend calmly and he saw I was sober and cooled off with a warning. He could've been a complete a-hole just to get his ticket quota and put me threw the motions, but he didn't.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,793,453 times
Consider that they don't know what situation they're going to face after they pull someone over. That might be the reason for the calming down once he talked to you. I wouldn't want their job.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:46 PM

313 posts, read 786,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post

please share your story.

the good news is you waited until after you were home to start drinking

Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM

372 posts, read 1,148,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcat View Post
Consider that they don't know what situation they're going to face after they pull someone over. That might be the reason for the calming down once he talked to you. I wouldn't want their job.
Absolutely. I have been on several ride alongs and the cop I was with was extremely cautious on every traffic stop he made. There are too many crazies around to drop your guard. It's better to be forceful and overpowering at the beginning so that if someone was thinking about doing something stupid, they would think twice. Cops are humans too. Better safe than sorry.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:35 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,687,302 times
This is why I refuse to drive too late on New Years eve. I'll either just stay home or make arrangements to stay where I'm partying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: