Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:10 AM

44 posts, read 120,285 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Georgetown Village and was wondering if anyone had any information on the neighborhood/schools/area? Has anyone built a home out there using the Green Builder? We really like what they have to offer, but don't know much about their reputation. Thanks for any information you can give me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:55 PM

15 posts, read 65,352 times
I moved into Georgetown Village just over two years ago and LOVE IT! The neighborhood is great! I bought an existing home so I can't speak to the building process but I do have friends that have purchased a Green Builders home and they had nothing but great things to say about the process.
Village elementary is probably the top elementary school in Georgetown. Everyone from the principal to the teachers are amazing. They seem to have a waiting list of teachers that want to work there. It's also nice because the kids can jsut walk right to school thru the neighborhood.
The Village also has lots of gatherings for the community throughout the year. There's the upcoming Easter Egg Hunt, the 4th of July parade, a Halloween party...
Overall it's just been a great place to live. Everything you need is nearby- HEB, Target, Starbucks...
Wishing you well on your home buying!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:02 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
My parents have owned a couple David Weekley homes in Georgetown Village and they were both very good quality homes. I personally would look at any pre-existing David Weekley's if I were to buy in that neighborhood.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
I've had clients who built a home with the Green Builders in Georgetown Village, and they were quite pleased with the process. They were moving here from the Northeast, and on my advice they had it inspected three times - at slab, at frame out and just before closing (what you should have done, by an independent inspector hired by you, for any home you're building), I attended those inspections and some others that the builder had since they were unable to do so, and it went smoothly and they were quite happy with their choice and their new home.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the information. That is so great to hear about the neighborhood. One of the things we loved the most was that the kids could walk to school. I have one that will be starting kinder next year, and I think The Village is going to be a great fit for him. Thanks again!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:02 PM

Texas Horse Lady,

Do you have any recommendations for inspectors who will inspect the slab and frame out? Your comments were really helpful! Thanks!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:29 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
I'll DM you as we're not allowed to post such things on list but are required to DM.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 PM

5 posts, read 8,629 times
Default Georgetown Village

Anyone know what is going to be built in the designated "mixed-use" area in Georgetown Village, or heard anything about the proposed 2nd elementary school in the newer part of Georgetown Village? We are thinking about moving into this neighborhood and would appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 AM

So, we now live here in Georgetown Village and love it. I have heard that the mixed use area may be "light" commercial. They are going to be building a new elementary school in the newer section. I think they said it will be complete in 2012. As of right now, they haven't drawn the boundary lines on who will attend that school. My son is a Kindergartner at Village Elementary. It is an awesome school. They do not have an overcrowding problem, so it will be interesting to see who will be going to the new school. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 AM

5 posts, read 8,629 times
Thanks for the info. Have you heard anything (good or bad) about the newest section of Georgetown Village where Gehan homes are being built? We are thinking about building out there using this builder. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin