Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times

Advertisements

West of 35 for Forest Creek? That's East of 35. There is an apartment complex in Star Ranch, one in Forest Creek and another 1 or 2 up closer to 35.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 09:19 AM

372 posts, read 1,148,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robino2001 View Post
I'd forgotten about that... I knew there was a "new" middle school coming about somewhere but thought there was one closer to the new HS as well.
They may need one eventually because Ridgeview, which is just to the East of the new High School, is already 300+ students over capacity. And homes are still being added in the area as some of the neighborhoods are still building out their remaining lots.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 AM

27 posts, read 70,235 times
Ok well it seems you've had some great input from everyone. Let me add my two cents worth!

We moved here about 8 mos ago from Seattle. I was terrified, totally terrified of the weather, bugs, snakes, suburbia feeling, lack of mtns and parks etc after the laid back aspects of Seattle and area.

Let me tell you I have never been more wrong! Ofcourse the summer hasn't hit yet and the heat may be awful but I have been so pleasantly surprised here. We lived in a Cedar Park apt while we house hunted and found an awesome house in RR. We live on the west side near RR hospital in an amazing community with a pool and playground.

The people in Texas and here in RR in particular are some of the nicest I have ever met and I have lived in many places around the US. The families are amazing and welcoming and kids play in the streets and parks, the schools are so much better then any in Seattle and the quality of teaching is superb! There are so many parks and playgrounds and pools and little oasis in unexpected spots!

You do have to look to find them but they are there and I find Austin as laid back and "hippie" as Seattle. I think Austin is the closest city to Seattle in that aspect. People are individuals and some are reserved and conservative and some are liberal and funky but that happens everywhere.

As far as biking to stores etc, not so much on the West side, the roads are busy and people drive very fast here! I don't know about the East side of RR but it is more of the town side and there are quiet streets~ We often go downtown on weekends, or drive to the HIll Country for fun with the kids but I think there is lots to do, you just have to JOIN in your community and look for people, they won't come looking for you and GET INVOLVED, it will open your world to all the fun things to do in RR and Austin!

The camping and outdoors stuff to do is plenty and you can do it almost year round here which is one great thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin