Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM

27 posts, read 70,235 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a speech therapist for my 2 yr old? Are there any in the Round Rock area who are recommended? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM

3,077 posts, read 3,262,375 times
We took our son to Capital Area Speech around 183/Spicewood Springs (sorry not quite RR). We first attended a Hanen Program they offered (1 or 2 nights a week for a few weeks) and got to know the therapists. Once we were comfortable, we started taking our son there. He showed good progress and in the end I'd say that it was a positive experience and we believe that he progressed much faster than he might have otherwise. Looking at their website, it looks like the specific therapist isn't there any longer and unfortunately her name escapes me now so I can't recommend a specific therapist.

Another thing to look at, depending on your needs, is the Capitol School of Austin off of 2222 and Burnet. They have various programs including some preschool programs that are a good alternative to traditional pre-schools if your kiddo still has some speech issues that are not resolved by the time they get to preschool age. They were great about working in concert with our son's speech therapist. The only downside (to us) was that kids have speech issues for different reasons, some are relatively mild (like our son's was), others are caused by larger developmental issues, so the classroom makeup can be quite varied and it's possible to have some "high maintenance" kids in the class.

Good luck, some time and perserverence can solve many/most early speech issues. Oh and give Hanen a try if you haven't looked into it.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 AM

27 posts, read 70,235 times
Thank you Austinnerd! I appreciate the advice!!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:14 PM

73 posts, read 302,743 times
I have heard great things about OT Connection in Pflugerville!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:55 PM

72 posts, read 212,000 times
Bit of a drive for you - but we take my 5 year old (aspergers) to Language and Movement. Very pleased with his progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin