Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I've heard this also.
The last series we lost. We picked a pretty average team. I believe it was the series a few years ago, with Barry Hall, Chris Johnston etc were they were quite agressive.

The comprimise is for the Austrailans to use a round ball, and to not tackle (which is a big part of our game). Its an okay idea but... one that isn't really that interesting.

Yup.
Although watching my own team beats those ones
Or my team beating Collingwood in the Grand Final (can't wait until we defeat a Melbourne team in the GF, so far we've just beaten Geelong and Sydney), but I just like the rivalry between the big Melbourne sides.

You're a Saints supporter if I recall? My condolences .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Yeah, I don't mind it. There's a few places that do it in Sydney (Una's comes to mind). Most countries in Europe either make dumplings or noodles.

That being said, I'm not sure in Phuket I'd want to be eating German food. It is designed for cold climates, IMO.
Well it was delicious...the place had an extensive menu, and though the cooks were Thai I think it's pretty authentic. It seems the patrons were all Germans.

Yes a bit heavy for the heat of Phuket...I found a serve of the macaroni was enough for a meal, even thought it was an entree.

Kind of ironic how in Thailand I searched out European food and in Vietnam French food, more than we get here. I know of two German restaurants here in Perth and honestly they are too pricey. (To an Aussie the idea of paying $25 for what is basically a fat snag and some mashed potato is sacrilege.) Of course that's after I tired of the local fare. Can't wait to go to Europe and try some of that stuff, especially the sweets.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Or my team beating Collingwood in the Grand Final (can't wait until we defeat a Melbourne team in the GF, so far we've just beaten Geelong and Sydney), but I just like the rivalry between the big Melbourne sides.

You're a Saints supporter if I recall? My condolences .
ah you're a Weagle! ~ they did good last year

haha yes, a saints fan(atic)... *sigh* whats worse than drawing in a GF with Collingwood? Losing by 40 points the next week. My worst nightmare.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
ah you're a Weagle! ~ they did good last year

haha yes, a saints fan(atic)... *sigh* whats worse than drawing in a GF with Collingwood? Losing by 40 points the next week. My worst nightmare.
I was barracking for them against Geelong and again against Collingwood. It seemed the draw was just a cruel tease...to be fair though I think you were lucky to draw in the first game, it would be less painful if Collingwood had won. I almost dread it if the Saints get into the GF again - can you imagine losing a THIRD time? The Saints really do seem cursed. One premiership in over 100 years, yet they've lost quite a few, I think. They've been up there for what, the last 7-8 years now, got more than a sniff but they just can't get over the line!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
I was barracking for them against Geelong and again against Collingwood. It seemed the draw was just a cruel tease...to be fair though I think you were lucky to draw in the first game, it would be less painful if Collingwood had won. I almost dread it if the Saints get into the GF again - can you imagine losing a THIRD time? The Saints really do seem cursed. One premiership in over 100 years, yet they've lost quite a few, I think. They've been up there for what, the last 7-8 years now, got more than a sniff but they just can't get over the line!
LOL rub it in why dontcha?

Actually thats the third GF I've seen that we've lost ('97 against the Crows, up by about 30 at half time, and ....*&^$#)

ah you're breaking my heart before the season even starts! LOL this year! its gonna happen! (and I think if extra time was allowed in the first GF we could have pulled it off. We were playing pretty well. ... well now I'm depressed!

Slightly back on topic, that is one thing I do not want to see change; going to the footy and sitting with the opposition, friendly banter then having a drink after the game win or lose*

*apart from GF's!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,894,027 times
Quote:
Well it was delicious...the place had an extensive menu, and though the cooks were Thai I think it's pretty authentic. It seems the patrons were all Germans.
Hmm...I guess you'd need to compare it to something in Germany. I imagine Germans go there in the same way Brits go to "English pubs" when they're in the south of Spain. Even though it might not be a real pub it's at least familiar.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,925,509 times
Remember 'the counter tea" ?

Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 AM

317 posts, read 528,302 times
The old Australia is gone..get over it

Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
LOL rub it in why dontcha?

Actually thats the third GF I've seen that we've lost ('97 against the Crows, up by about 30 at half time, and ....*&^$#)

ah you're breaking my heart before the season even starts! LOL this year! its gonna happen! (and I think if extra time was allowed in the first GF we could have pulled it off. We were playing pretty well. ... well now I'm depressed!

Slightly back on topic, that is one thing I do not want to see change; going to the footy and sitting with the opposition, friendly banter then having a drink after the game win or lose*

*apart from GF's!
I think them naming themselves the Saints might have, weirdly, cursed them.

I remember '97. I admit I went for the Crows then, cos I was really anti-Vic at the time.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:02 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,384 times
Strange sport Aussie rules, a bloke has an affair with a team member's wife then the club waits for him to resign instead of firing him on the spot.
Then another club signs him, ignoring his behavior it seems

A Union player who did the same would never play union again in Aus because of the danger he would face, are rules players more understanding about a lack of morality ?

They tackle in rules, what a wonderful joke.

Rugby, elegant violence - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand