Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,098 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I need recommendations for a good dentist in Adelaide, South Australia - preferably in the Southern suburbs - who has good bedside manner. I've had very bad experiences with dentists previously and as a result, am very afraid of dentists to the point of having a panic attack. And as a result of this, I haven't been going to the dentist regularly for several years and over the last two have ended up with very bad cavities. I need a dentist who is going to be kind and understanding of my fear (my fear is more a result of dentists being snappy, pushy and insulting to me than pain) as well as non judgmental of how bad my teeth are, while I'm sure there are other people who have had teeth as bad as mine I doubt there would be too many who are as young as me. It's funny because originally my fear of going to the dentist was because I was afraid of the actual treatment process and now I'm not so much afraid of that but afraid of the attitude of the dentist. I hate how bad my teeth have become and they're only getting worse, I haven't stayed away from dentists because I don't care I've stayed away because I am genuinely petrified. My teeth have been a huge worry in my life for the last few years though and now I just want this over and done with but am terrified.

Thank you for reading and any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Also if anyone has any suggestions of where else online to ask for recommendations that would be fine too, I had to rack my brains to come up with here to ask even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand