Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:31 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,892,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Of course you are. It really doesn't matter , as you could be a spotty sixteen year, attempting to be adult. It's not about you, but the content.
Ditto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 09:42 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,956,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Ha! Thanks for making my point.

Such a simplistic language and yet someone of your eminent intelligence has trouble constructing the most basic sentence.
While above retort would be marked in class , under achieving, could do better even by own standards, needs to remain behind after school, in order to not defer progress on rest of class, as teacher called upon, to spend too much time correcting this student.
I will suggest going down a year, with the hope arresting over taxing educational expectations, causing obvious anxiety and questioning of self worth in present class structure.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
While above retort would be marked in class , under achieving, could do better even by own standards, needs to remain behind after school, in order to not defer progress on rest of class, as teacher called upon, to spend too much time correcting this student.
I will suggest going down a year, with the hope arresting over taxing educational expectations, causing obvious anxiety and questioning of self worth in present class structure.
Umm...OK.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Umm...OK.
Proper sentences please. Even a one liner, preferably to a teenage grunt.
But if all too hard, just continue work on your pocket puppetry. With continued practice you'll likely get better leading to who knows what?

Old 03-26-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Proper sentences please. Even a one liner, preferably to a teenage grunt.
But if all too hard, just continue work on your pocket puppetry. With continued practice you'll likely get better leading to who knows what?
That was a proper sentence. Unsurprisingly, you don't know one when you see it.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
That was a proper sentence. Unsurprisingly, you don't know one when you see it.
Unfortunately your inability to be able to tell what's right from what's wrong, is evidently heavily compromised. Add failing eye sight to the equation as well and short term diagnosis not great, I'm afraid. Longer term...well we won't go there.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately your inability to be able to tell what's right from what's wrong, is evidently heavily compromised. Add failing eye sight to the equation as well and short term diagnosis not great, I'm afraid. Longer term...well we won't go there.
Ouch.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:07 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
I guess some will do anything for a few free beers. Out of 1.3 Billion people, or whatever the figure is, there may well be one that will indulge you. America, in excess of 300 million, though not sure about New Yorkers, may equally put their hand in their pocket. If you keep to Bali, of course you could prevented save yourself going off budget.
I always find New Yorkers to be very friendly. In fact this trip I will be staying in Manhattan with two groups of friends made over a few beers.

The concept of sharing a drink with new friends does seem to intrigue you troubes. I get the feeling it is a foreign concept for you.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:17 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
You really need to work on your syntax.
haha brings back some memories for me. If you search syntax in these forums you will find me raising the same point with our friend troubes. I'm sure he looked it up in the dictionary, disregarded the definition and came up with his own definition meaning the opposite of the word, thus satisfying himself that his syntax was just fine (more Dunning-Kruger).

Hence we are stuck with this tortured and at times indecipherable gibberish. But it wouldn't be the same without him.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
haha brings back some memories for me. If you search syntax in these forums you will find me raising the same point with our friend troubes. I'm sure he looked it up in the dictionary, disregarded the definition and came up with his own definition meaning the opposite of the word, thus satisfying himself that his syntax was just fine (more Dunning-Kruger).

Hence we are stuck with this tortured and at times indecipherable gibberish. But it wouldn't be the same without him.
Indeed. My favourite bit of troubes' prose in this thread is this beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubador
. Confirmation bias indeed. Proven, but already clear. Nowhere is it the same on the spectrum of hate.
Less extreme Left challenges the status quo, as does the extreme Right. (not less extreme Right, as a rule) One decides their position and defends their ground.

Both seek to awaken the masses consumed by their apathy towards their ideological thinking. But not the same Progressive politics differs from Far Right in part by seeking to reach out to the greatest number of people, by igniting very differing issues.
It starts with a full-stop – as all good sentences do – and then just trails off into I'm not quite sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand