U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2019, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Various
698 posts, read 298,280 times
Reputation: 707

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Golly gosh Aussiehoff, are you telling me your a bloke? Well I never. First time you clarified gender, so now that we are all in know, we can bang on. I can certainly see where your sense of my superiority would derive from reading your posts. Reactive in most every case rather than reflective and actually having something to say, I realise safer that way, as well as obviously not wanting to reveal too much of the ideological beliefs you hold, but it has clearly been disclosed but don't be shy, I'll debate you down to the wire, but I'll go gently, as you are obviously of a sensitive persuasion (probably why I didn't pick the gender, straight of) as to not offend, just please attempt to put something down worth debating. If that's too hard, fine just continue to peddle out what you do if that's what you term fulfilling. In turn, I'll amuse myself


Just as I will comment on whatever I see fit. Be that mortgage salesmen, doing dodgy loans (oh, not one are you?) tell me I'm getting hot,or the price of living in outer suburbia, (in your race to score a brownie point, you missed the onus 'outer') Lets have some adults that can relate in an adult way. If you happen across one , not laden in libertarian or other far right dogma, point them in the right direction to enable a discussion of sorts to actually be undertaken.
You never disappoint!

Can't wait to see who your next target of bigotry is. I'm sure we won't have to wait long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2019, 06:44 PM
 
2,634 posts, read 3,155,891 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You never disappoint!

Can't wait to see who your next target of bigotry is. I'm sure we won't have to wait long.
You know when stuck for words, attempt to denigrate the messenger. A ploy as old as the hills.


AS you'll know, but find too taxing to challenge, my bigotry is against Bigots. Makes it hard to respond to under such circumstances, I am well aware.


I'm sure on your present form, you will certainly not have long to wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Brisbane
3,450 posts, read 5,347,520 times
Reputation: 2746
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
You know when stuck for words, attempt to denigrate the messenger. A ploy as old as the hills.


AS you'll know, but find too taxing to challenge, my bigotry is against Bigots. Makes it hard to respond to under such circumstances, I am well aware.


I'm sure on your present form, you will certainly not have long to wait.
A bigot is just a person who is intolerant of different opinions. The term is not specific to any side of politics or beliefs etc.If you are intolerant to the opinions of Neo Nazis, your a bigot. The truth is we are all bigots in some form, the far left need to start accepting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:02 PM
 
2,634 posts, read 3,155,891 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
So you acknowledge they aren't normal as you first claimed for some reason. The reason you can't establish the % of mortgages at that level is because it is so small it isn't even measured or reported on.

With regard to interest rates. Next move will be a cut. And probably one further after that. If you think the the RBA takes guidance from the realestate industry, you are misguided on that too.
Again you are displaying reading difficulty. I did not claim them as the 'norm', just pointing out a very dangerous scenario that is taking shape, which will likely become 'more the norm' in the future.
I suspect the finance industry doesn't want to further mud their name, as forty year loans are great for the lender, but poor, very poor indeed for the person in receipt.
A bit like in ways, the interest only loans, where so many have of recent come unstuck. Again due to not being economically literate and/or being sold a dud in not being explained the consequences of such a loan.


The housing lobby do indeed exercise undue influence over the Australian economy. The RBA has failed miserably. Now it is in a hole it has dug itself, with little wriggle room.


Lowering interest rates will likely set in place another disastrous housing boom, while lowering the dollar making imports, (pretty much most things in Australia, since industry has been decimated)
But wait perhaps the governments push for more tourists will take off. Only foreigners having the money to spend.


Higher rates, should have been implemented years ago to slow prices and not be in the situation we find ourselves today. Some of the most inflated house prices and the worlds second most indebted population. (due in main to poor policy and banking finance system)


It cannot be certain that interest rates will next go down. I know the Real Estate lobby is pushing it for all their worth, and YES, they do exercise considerable influence over government.
Hence record immigration intake over the years to accommodate this lobby, as well as preventing a total house collapse due to over inflated value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:15 PM
 
2,634 posts, read 3,155,891 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
A bigot is just a person who is intolerant of different opinions. The term is not specific to any side of politics or beliefs etc.If you are intolerant to the opinions of Neo Nazis, your a bigot. The truth is we are all bigots in some form, the far left need to start accepting that.
You apparently just negated your argument around Bigots. Are you suggesting the Far Left are bigot free? Sure sounds like it. That surely means, if possible for those on that side to be, why are the rest bigots?


I think it is clear by what we mean in saying bigots on here. It goes above a mere intolerance, to something along the lines of hatred clearly, with outcomes as witnessed for all to observe.


Attempting to outline a free thinking approach without ideological strangle holds, to which bigotry can easily manifest into something sinister or at best dehumanising, is surely a preferable alternative, than attempting to justify bigotry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Brisbane
3,450 posts, read 5,347,520 times
Reputation: 2746
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
You apparently just negated your argument around Bigots. Are you suggesting the Far Left are bigot free? Sure sounds like it. That surely means, if possible for those on that side to be, why are the rest bigots?


I think it is clear by what we mean in saying bigots on here. It goes above a mere intolerance, to something along the lines of hatred clearly, with outcomes as witnessed for all to observe.


Attempting to outline a free thinking approach without ideological strangle holds, to which bigotry can easily manifest into something sinister or at best dehumanising, is surely a preferable alternative, than attempting to justify bigotry?
I said we are all bigots in some form, which includes the far left. However the far left would never acknowledged as such, they seem to think the term in no way applies to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Various
698 posts, read 298,280 times
Reputation: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Again you are displaying reading difficulty. I did not claim them as the 'norm', just pointing out a very dangerous scenario that is taking shape, which will likely become 'more the norm' in the future.
Please accept my apologies for my failed reading comprehension. It's just that when you said "How did this forty year mortgage become norm? A big jump from the fifteen year mortgage of not too long ago." I thought you mean't what you said. My mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Various
698 posts, read 298,280 times
Reputation: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post

The housing lobby do indeed exercise undue influence over the Australian economy. The RBA has failed miserably. Now it is in a hole it has dug itself, with little wriggle room.

It cannot be certain that interest rates will next go down. I know the Real Estate lobby is pushing it for all their worth, and YES, they do exercise considerable influence over government.
Hence record immigration intake over the years to accommodate this lobby, as well as preventing a total house collapse due to over inflated value.
I'm not sure it is fair to say the RBA has failed miserably given the principle objective of monetary policy is to achieve inflation targets. They have been very successful in that task over an extended period of time.

And yes while the RE industry may well exert influence over Government, I commented on their influence over the RBA, which as you know and has been well demonstrated, is independent of the Government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2019, 02:29 AM
 
2,634 posts, read 3,155,891 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I said we are all bigots in some form, which includes the far left. However the far left would never acknowledged as such, they seem to think the term in no way applies to them.

Then there are bigots and bigots. If I hate intolerance, am I a bigot? Obviously all have likes and dislikes. My dislikes just don't in the main, go as far as hatred or to denigrate another race, religion, creed or sexual orientation. Obviously, doesn't mean I love all the world's diversity with the same degree of love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2019, 05:39 AM
 
2,440 posts, read 3,094,855 times
Reputation: 1936
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I said we are all bigots in some form, which includes the far left. However the far left would never acknowledged as such, they seem to think the term in no way applies to them.
Words evolve over time, that's the evolution of language. I don't think anyone would understand its meaning to be an intolerance for differing political opinions. There's a lot to dislike about the far left (that they all see themselves as intellectuals when most of their pontifications are half-baked prognostications about things they don't understand being my biggest annoyance) just like there is about the far-right.

Having said that, the overuse of labels, like bigot, to shut down debate is pretty tiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top