Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 01:17 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,309,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
Politically the USA will never shut down again, even if everyone was infected. I noticed a big difference with my home town of Toronto, even with less per capita cases than Los Angeles, their lockdowns were a lot stricter. In Toronto it is still only outside seating for restaurants. I go to my coffee cafe every morning sit inside with no mask. Also was at my bar last night with no mask, and it was jammed packed like sardines. I have 2 shots of Pfizer in me, and have confidence in the 95% protection. The Moderna and Pfizer have proven themselves as the best vaccinations. My next store neighbor is a Fundamentalist Christian, and believes the vaccines are from Satan, so she will not get it. At least in Australia you do not have as many people like her.
About a fifth of the population of Sydney, about a million people, are starting a week long lockdown tonight. The cluster is up to seventy cases which just indicates how quickly this thing can spread, even with many people in isolation. The school holidays started this afternoon and DD and her family live in an affected area. So will be a challenge, but she has been told the school’s vacation care program will still operate. I hope so as I cannot now help out as planned.

I actually have a couple of friends who are Fundamentalist Christians and they rushed out to be vaccinated as soon as they could. I think a lot of people will now wait for the Moderna so we can expect this unpredictable life to continue until the end of the year, at least.

DH got his second AZ and reported that many people were at the centre being jabbed. We are a bit excited as he is the first in the family to be fully vaccinated (happens to be the oldest!!)

Our lockdowns are not too bad. No curfew, no specific distance restrictions on how far you can travel to exercise, no masks outside except at organised events. No need to hoard toilet paper but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get people to take that in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 05:07 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
Our lockdowns are not too bad. No curfew, no specific distance restrictions on how far you can travel to exercise, no masks outside except at organised events. No need to hoard toilet paper but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get people to take that in.
I was on a video conference this morning including a colleague from Perth. Mandatory masks indoors over there. Anastacia won't want to miss out too much longer, i'm sure further Qld restrictions will be coming. Afterall, with 2 new cases for the entire State, we have twice as many as WA....

Old 06-27-2021, 10:40 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,309,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I was on a video conference this morning including a colleague from Perth. Mandatory masks indoors over there. Anastacia won't want to miss out too much longer, i'm sure further Qld restrictions will be coming. Afterall, with 2 new cases for the entire State, we have twice as many as WA....
Yep, will most probably have to cancel our trip to the Gold Coast in a months time. No way she will open the borders quickly. This morning a friend started cancelling a trip to Hamilton Island. One of very many.

This trip will make 4 out of 6 trips to Queensland that we will have had to cancel. No way will I be booking any more. We have just sold an IP up there and decided no way we want to reinvest in what feels like a place that has become a foreign country.

Sad local cancellation I just heard about. Friend’s daughter, who is a teacher, has had to cancel her wedding for the third time.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Sad local cancellation I just heard about. Friend’s daughter, who is a teacher, has had to cancel her wedding for the third time.
And not letting fully vaccinated people in to be with their loved ones as they die. Suggesting they connect via skype. It is sickening.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:55 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,956,585 times
Quote:
And not letting fully vaccinated people in to be with their loved ones as they die. Suggesting they connect via skype. It is sickening.
Although likely more sickening id present variant gets a hold. So your not supporting the NSW stance on the matter? I thought that state was the right wing poster example of how things should be?

Old 06-28-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Although likely more sickening id present variant gets a hold. So your not supporting the NSW stance on the matter? I thought that state was the right wing poster example of how things should be?
Why would fully vaccinated people not coming from a "hotspot" present a risk to people about to die? Or the other fully vaccinated people around them?

Which element of NSW response are you referring to?

Now Annastacia is getting in on the act with a 3 day lock down...

Old 06-28-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Yep, will most probably have to cancel our trip to the Gold Coast in a months time. No way she will open the borders quickly. This morning a friend started cancelling a trip to Hamilton Island. One of very many.

This trip will make 4 out of 6 trips to Queensland that we will have had to cancel. No way will I be booking any more. We have just sold an IP up there and decided no way we want to reinvest in what feels like a place that has become a foreign country.

Anyone that books a holiday in such times, should be aware surely of this likelihood? That being the reason decided not to fly to Cairns to look at a possible house purchase. (as well as holiday) I for one have no expectations of leaving the State of WA before mid next year. That will make it over three years since being abroad. The longest time by far ever. Not at all happy, but worse would be to get sick abroad. I doubt if medical insurance would cover corvid costs abroad as risks known.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Why would fully vaccinated people not coming from a "hotspot" present a risk to people about to die? Or the other fully vaccinated people around them?

Which element of NSW response are you referring to?

Now Annastacia is getting in on the act with a 3 day lock down...
Only around 60% protection with latest variant with those with AZ vaccine. If it broke out not too hard to see who people as yourself would blame. The element of closing down obviously. But maintain your politicking against the QLD government. It's what we have come to expect and I for one, would be disappointed detecting any change of course .

Old 06-28-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Only around 60% protection with latest variant with those with AZ vaccine. If it broke out not too hard to see who people as yourself would blame. The element of closing down obviously. But maintain your politicking against the QLD government. It's what we have come to expect and I for one, would be disappointed detecting any change of course .
Fear not, for so long as the Qld government continues to be 2nd worst government in the Nation I will continue to point that out. And there is currently a 0% chance of that ranking changing.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:25 PM

Now we learn that Qld is in lockdown because a Hospital employee who works in the Covid ward at Prince Charles Hospital was unvaccinated, and she is the "spreader".

Troubes, the Qld govt may just knock Vic off the top spot of worst Govt. Surely the Health Minister will resign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand