Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 01:39 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,304,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Couldn't care about Serbia but he is white and from eastern europe so it's weird he is ever picking to go to a far-left place like Australia...I mean the jews weren't planning to visit Auschwitz in 1940 (exaggerated but to show my point...).
Since when is Australia far-left?
Sorry, but I do not get your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 07:48 PM

4,216 posts, read 4,884,241 times
Quote:
Couldn't care about Serbia but he is white and from eastern europe so it's weird he is ever picking to go to a far-left place like Australia...I mean the jews weren't planning to visit Auschwitz in 1940 (exaggerated but to show my point...).
Wot?

Old 01-30-2022, 01:39 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4Food View Post
"Whiteness" is a modern obsession from the US. Most of the world isnt as obsessed about this "White vs non-white" phenomena.
Serbians until not long ago were included into the "Wog" label in Australia, hence target of discrimination.

Anyway, all in all I think it's his fault because it was unrealistic to bet that he can just enter the country unnoticed, or in other words: one person cannot defeat the whole country so to speak...he may violate the law and get away with it but given the publicity? No way.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:46 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
He’s being treated like a terrorist, just like the authorities in Australia treat everyone else.
I agree. Australia is nuts. I am so glad I don't live like that!!! OMG! Talk about overreaching to the point of nuts. Might as well be a robot.

Also, what gets me is tennis players can social distance and they play outdoors. What kind of country is Australia? Seems like a horrible place with a dictator running the children they rule. Horrible!!

Old 01-31-2022, 07:49 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I agree. Australia is nuts. I am so glad I don't live like that!!! OMG! Talk about overreaching to the point of nuts. Might as well be a robot.
You do realize most of the posts made on this forum regarding COVID and the treatment of the people are complete rubbish?

Old 01-31-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:

Also, what gets me is tennis players can social distance and they play outdoors. What kind of country is Australia? Seems like a horrible place with a dictator running the children they rule. Horrible!!
Social distancing had zero to do with why Djokovic was not granted a visa.

Old 02-01-2022, 04:31 PM

86 posts, read 45,543 times
Quote:
Anyway, all in all I think it's his fault because it was unrealistic to bet that he can just enter the country unnoticed, or in other words: one person cannot defeat the whole country so to speak...he may violate the law and get away with it but given the publicity? No way.
Sure he is being responsible of his own Fate, and he knew it from before and presented fake evidence.. deserved what he got..

Old 02-01-2022, 09:29 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
You do realize most of the posts made on this forum regarding COVID and the treatment of the people are complete rubbish?
I'm sure it's just another "critical thinking" american conservative.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:25 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Social distancing had zero to do with why Djokovic was not granted a visa.
Seems he just got screwed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cials-say.html

Old 02-03-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Depends on your definition of screwed, the situations in that article had nothing to do with the reasons why he was deported either.

Here is the exact reasons why the minister made the decision.

". First, the Minister reasoned that Mr Djokovic was unvaccinated (Reasons at [18]), had
“indicated publicly that he is opposed to becoming vaccinated against COVID-19”
(Reasons at [18], [41]) and acted inconsistently with certain COVID-19 restrictions in
the past (Reasons at [23], [42]).

Secondly, the Minister reasoned that Mr Djokovic’s conduct and position against
vaccination against COVID-19 may encourage others to emulate him by reason of his
high profile and status (Reasons at [18], [24], [33]). Indeed, the Minister noted that
“there are some media reports that some groups opposed to vaccination have supported
Mr DJOKOVIC’s presence in Australia, by reference to his unvaccinated status”
(Reasons at [22(ii)]).

Thirdly, the Minister reasoned that, if others were encouraged to take up or maintain
resistance to vaccination or to COVID-19 restrictions, then that would present a
problem for the health of individuals and the operation of Australia’s hospital system
(Reasons at [20]-[22], [24], [33], [40]).

The Minister also concluded that Mr Djokovic’s presence in Australia may be a risk to
the good order of the Australian community, being a separate limb of s 116(1)(e)(i):"

https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/a...ubmissions.pdf

If i was unvaccinated and showed up at a US airport, I would not be welcome in the country without a valid medical exemption either, and no previously having COVID is not a reason to obtian a medical clearance for the USA either. This if from the US government own website.

"at this time all noncitizen nonimmigrant air passengers traveling to the United States, regardless of antibody status, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ccination.html

What we do not have in Australia is anything like this exemption clause

"Persons whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, Secretary of Transportation, or Secretary of Homeland Security (or their designees)"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ccination.html

Now i have no doubt Djokovic would get into the USA no problems under that, however such a clause would be highly unpopular in Australia.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 02-03-2022 at 03:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand