Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:54 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times

Advertisements

Mossad has allegedly used 3 Australian passports in assassination of hamas leader....
After Rudd demanded an explanation, we're told to stop the "hullabulloo" and "The counterfeit passport kerfuffle underscores the fact that the international community appears to deny Israel any possible measure in aid of its self-preservation."

article printed in The Age, from Jerusalem Post
Hitting the wrong target

So, it's ok for the Australian passport to be used in assassination against their enemy, for the "Israeli cause"??

Jeepers, what would the international outcry have been if Hamas forged US, British or Australian passports to kill Mossad agents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 PM

52 posts, read 50,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
Mossad has allegedly used 3 Australian passports in assassination of hamas leader....
After Rudd demanded an explanation, we're told to stop the "hullabulloo" and "The counterfeit passport kerfuffle underscores the fact that the international community appears to deny Israel any possible measure in aid of its self-preservation."

article printed in The Age, from Jerusalem Post
Hitting the wrong target

So, it's ok for the Australian passport to be used in assassination against their enemy, for the "Israeli cause"??

Jeepers, what would the international outcry have been if Hamas forged US, British or Australian passports to kill Mossad agents?

Really from what I gather Aussies largely do not give a crap about what happens in the Middle East, at least nothing like North Americans or Europeans. Asia takes center stage, mostly East and Southeast Asia. Many intelligence agencies know how to falsify passports. Russia did it, the US and Britain do the same. From what little I know about the Middle East, Hamas is Palestinian and Israel is a lot more worried about Iran than any other country in the region, especially since the US will never attack that country.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:38 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
What can we do? It's a dirty business.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:43 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,730,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What can we do? It's a dirty business.
One that will never, ever be resolved. Not in a million years. Hence, the lack of caring about that "business". Like trying to stop the tides or the sun from rising and setting.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:30 AM

A good number of Israelis in Sydney near me, mostly they are nice people. I read up on the character that got hit in Dubai, they were after him for years. The terrorist they knocked off happened to have a very long history of committing some rather horrific crimes. They were after him for over two decades. If you think other countries do not do what Israel does, think again. The US assassinated a Somali and Obama authorized it, the same Obama who won the Nobel "Peace" Prize. Britain did a lot of questionable things in Northern Ireland. Russia does some pretty brutal things in Chechnya. China and India do a lot of sketchy things too.

Last edited by YankDownunder; 02-28-2010 at 08:18 AM..

Old 02-28-2010, 02:28 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
I agree, the Israeli-Palestine conflict doesn't look like it will ever end.

I understand that governments do things - I wonder what the stance would have been if Iran had forged Australian passports to carry out assassination.

What I am questioning is, Israel found it necessary to forge Australian passports (we after all are "friends") -- When this is queried by our government, the writer of the piece found it necessary to tell us that it is not a big deal and to shut up.

Unfortunate for those Australians travelling in the Middle East on Australian passports ..... I'd like to have confidence in the document that I must take with me to prove who I am .... Not to mention those 3 Australians whose identity was used....

Old 02-28-2010, 03:28 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankDownunder View Post
A good number of Israelis in Sydney near me, mostly they are nice people. I read up on the character that got hit in Dubai, they were after him for years. The terrorist they knocked off happened to have a very long history of committing some rather horrific crimes. They were after him for over two decades. If you think other countries do not do what Israel does, think again. The US assassinated a Somali and Obama authorized it, the same Obama who won the Nobel "Peace" Prize. Britain did a lot of questionable things in Northern Ireland. Russia does some pretty brutal things in Chechnya. China and India do a lot of sketchy things too.
Not sticking up for obama, but that was a hostage rescue situation, not an "assassination"

Old 02-28-2010, 04:33 PM

What about the Blackwater operations in Pakistan? Since you are in the US, you must know the kind of influence Israel has on the USA. 20 years ago if you mentioned Mossad to most people they would shake their heads, might think its an exotic spice. Since 9-11 more light has been shed on Israel and five years ago, Spielberg made a film about them, so now this become public news. Part of what made Mossad legendary was their ability to stay out of the news.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:23 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,905,675 times
It's a play. Kev has to be seen to be saying something in the most strongest of terms, Israel laughs it off and has little to say and the whole thing continues on pretty much like it did before.

The only people I feel sorry for are the 3 Aussies whose passports have been forged because they've just been dragged in to a lifelong pain in the arse but then I can't imagine why anybody would want to be in Israel anyway. I learned a long time ago to be choosy about where I go in the world AND that LUCK was going to determine how I faired. The whole David Wilson incident pretty much made it all abundantly clear to me way back in the day. You travel overseas, you're pretty much on your own.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Those Aussies are actually residents of Israel and have dual citizenship. They did not just steal any Aussie's info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand